Saturday, October 28, 2006

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

'm a bit buzzed... so this should be interesting. Apologies for type-o's in advance.

I had a good time tonight. Despite being dropped by some one who was allegedly going to go with me. Its still a huge pet peeve with me. I understand sick, I understand things come up.... All I ask is a phone call. I don't think thats too much.

Enough of that. I'ts Halloween, and one of the benefits of Halloween, other than free candy, is that you get to hide behind a mask, and maybe for a littrle while be some one else. You get to hide your faults and issues behind a mask, and for a day, or a night, or a weekend be some one else. It/s liberating I think. I can only say I've had the pleasure to experience such freedom a few times, and its one reason I enjoy getting to another country. For some reason I seem to have a hang up when it come to going out and dancing and meeting people around here, but if you drop me in the middle of some strange foreign nation, it's all good.

But Halloween, even though its roots are a Pagan harvest celebration, afford us all a moment to step out of our world and enjoy life in some one else's shoes. And you get to pick the shoes you want to experience. I think Halloween is under appreciated as a holiday.

Other things, I can't remember if I mentioned I reconnected with some one form my past. But I did, and she was always a pretty cool person to talk to, and always very honest about the person she is (was) and her opinions. At least, that's what i picked up. Its nice to people from your youth come back and "visit", and i hope we an possibly enjoy the same relationship we once had.

I've passed 2000 views, that impresses me.... really, I didn't think anyone was really reading these. I also passed the 125 point on the Taco Mac beer list this week, yay... another free T-shirt (or really a $500 t-shirt).

There's some one here I kinda like, and she's so not the typical girl I go for, she's way better. I would like to go out with her and see what comes from it, but I really have no way to talk to her... and if I did my little voice would talk me out of it. I have this bad habit of placing others on a pedestal and believing them unobtainable. We'll see.

I have a friend who had a pretty bad day today I think, and I want that person to know they rock and to call if they need anything. It sucks that assholes sometimes sneak into our lives.... keep the faith that not all people suck. That keeps me getting out of bed in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment