Thursday, October 5, 2006

I just keep trying to get a little better, a little better than before

I'm always surprised when I see blog views on days I haven't written anything. I'm flattered and honored people take time to read these things.

I don't really have anything important to say. I spent most the day with Grace, she dragged me out to Target with the lure of playing tennis. And heck, next thing I know I'm meandering around the sale racks while she peruses EVERYTHING they have. Heck, I did get the tennis balls, and we did play on the apartment courts. I must say, we're both some highly skilled tennis players!! Heck, we only managed to knock one ball out of the fence. I'm getting better!

But the afternoon was most enjoyable, and I may have been slightly exagerrating the hellishness of the trip to Target.

Yesterday was tennis day also, with the gang. And I think I'm getting better. Sean has this wicked serve about 30% of the time. The rest of the time its somwhere out of bounds. JR is mastering the "dirty" shots (ie make me run my fat ass all over the court) and Ray is getting better at cheating. So we're all improving!

I do however feel, um.. something in my knees. its not pain, just a new sensation. I guess since it's not hurting thats a good thing, and I can still walk.

I did get an early birthday card from the state a couple days ago, and they want me to pay for tags again. I just did that last year. I'm really having an issue coming up with funds for my birthday. I'm thinking of just cutting back to Natural Light and Ramen noodles for a the rest of month. Any donations will be accepted!

Work is still the same. Maybe I'm not as acutely aware of the stupidity as I was. Maybe my senses are dulling. But everyday, theres something new. I had a discussion with my boss today, and he seems more frustrated than normal with my department. Lots of petty little shit about who's doing more work and why does he get this... blah. People need worry more about themselves. I'm not saying i'm a great employee (but I am), but I try not to complain about such things. Its kind of random how our workload falls, someday I may have alot to do, some days I don't. Usually on slow nights, I'll pick up some extra flights to keep me entertained. Of course, with some people I won't do that with because I know they're the ones complaining loudest about workloads. So I let them suffer.

Why is it those with good work ethics always seem to get screwed? It sucks being the nice guy who does his job well, and then some... not only do I not get the girl, I don't get the raises and promotions!

Bitter, table of one!

No comments:

Post a Comment