Wednesday, October 11, 2006

the mundane days of a Peachtree City Pimp

ts been an unproductive day. Well.. not so much. I'm completely lacking any inspiration to vacuum or otherwixe clean up my apartment. I did manage to take the garbage out, so the day was not all lost. And I got out the bike for the first time in a month and went for a little spin. It was a nice mind clearer.

I don't know if you have ever seen those commercials or TV shows where guys are riding motorcycles through the falling leaves in autumn, but thats a load of crap. A leaf kinda stings at 30 miles per hour, and just hurts at 65. Keep that in mind if you ever see those ads again. But I do wanna take a ride up to the mountains sometime this month, I have to get the oil change and service done, I've been putting it off for monetary reasons.

Otherwise, it was a farily boring day around metro PTC. I made it to the grocery store and bought some snack food... i know I should have bought healthy food, but I didn't I did buy $1 worht of Ramen noodles, so I got meals for a week. If anyone is interested in a gourmet pizza rolls and ramen noodle dinner, I'm your man!

The next couple weeks should be eventful, I may or may not make it down to Shelley's. MOney is tight and so are seats on flights back. And i really don;t get how fligths down can be wide open and flights back be full. It's like theres a mass exodus from Orlando. And its always like that when I go down there. That is the only place i've ever been bumped from fligths so many times i just gave up and rented a car to make it home. ANd its not like theres one flight from Orlando to Atlanta, theres like 25 a day or somehting ridiculous. It boggles the mind. Yet no airlines are making money.

Other than that, theres a trip to Kuwait I'm working on, I need to figure out how to make that work. I'm hoping it works out well, between party committments I've made. Its gonna blow being on a plane for the better part of 24 hours each way... but i think it's a worthwhile endeavor.

And then Vegas. We'll dwell on that later.

The other productive thing I did... well, its sort of productive. I applied for a Senior Flight Dispatcher position with Qatar (prounced Ka-TAR unless your British, then its Kotter) Airways in Doha. If you don't know where Doha is... well. it's way over there. Google it. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment