Saturday, October 14, 2006

As I get on the MD-11, Ridin' high I got tears in my eyes

What a day. So, those of you who may have read Gracie's blog will already know this, but... here's today's activities. I woke up early... but was already running late because I'm a dumbass. But I managed to rush and pick up Grace in a timely manner and make to the Airport ontime!!!

We took a nice little flight around the city. It's not everyday you get to up for a joy ride in a widebody jet, but today was that day. As one of the sponsors of the Great Georgia Airshow, World Airways agreed to do a few low fly passes over the field down here in Peachtree City. The company agreed to let employees and family and friends ride. Which is just kinda cool in itself.

But the company went beyond what I was expecting. Everyone parked over at a local hotel and were bussed over to North Cargo facility. We were issued tickets (of the commemorative type) for flight World 001. Once on board, we were given a snack (cheese nips) and sodas. And the best, hats! The crew did a real good job telling everyone about the aircraft and what was going on. And given that of the 150+ people on board, only about 20 of us had been on a company plane, and about 25 or have never been on a plane. You could hear oohs and aaahhs from the people when the Assistant Chief Pilot read of statistics of the plane. Me, I just kinda sat in the back (row 55, the last one!!).

So we took off, meandered around the southern side of the city. It was a nice bumpy ride. And then three low (500 feet off the ground) passes, a couple of tight turns (30 degree plus banks) and then 2 low passes over the office building, and we're heading back. The best part, some people lost their breakfast. I got a bit queasy myself. But it was a good time and a unique oppurtunity.

I do have to give props the management here for setting this up, it was really good to let some of the employees see what we do here. I think sometimes the office staff do not know we actually have airplanes and our job is to move them from point A to point B. Plus it's a lot of fun to see the ground going by at about 300 mph at 500 feet up.... kewl.

It was a good day. Wait, Grace was with me... it was a great day! She's the best fake girlfriend a guy could ask for. May have to propse to her and make her my fake wife... ok, no.. too much of a committment.

If you guys are interested, theres some pictures of the trip today on my photobucket.com, seach for mellodees.

Other than that, all I can say is War DAMN Eagle kickin some Gator ass and How bout them Dawgs losing to Vandy!!!

I know there's somehting else I want to write out, but I've forgotten what it is. And i'll remember about 4 am. I do know its official now, I'm the last single desperate person in the state. And I apologize for the horrendous grammar, I wasn't up to my literary best tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment