Monday, August 28, 2006

Wheres the love in a lap dance?

Well, almost. Its technically a different day, but who cares. I'm back at work, fairly bored. I've finished my extra projects. I've finished my flight plans. Its quiet and I'm sleepy. I can here my bed calling my name.

I'm fairly upset (again) at the news media. There has been an airliner crash. In less than 24 hours, we've pretty much investigated, tried, and convicted the flight crew. I don't know how much you guys know about the NTSB and their process for determining causes of accidents, but its not a quick judgement. You may get to preliminary hearing by this time next year, with a final ruling issued 6 months after that. And the people that work for them... well, they know everything about everything pretty much. And they look at everything.

But again, the attention span of America has shortened (mine too) so much that if its not in our face constantly we forget, or we demand to know why within the hour. I do hope for the families that there is quick resolution, at least we have a idea of the problems. My biggest concern is that if they did depart from the wrong runway, that hopefully it was not just carelessness... that there was a mitigating circumstance. Thats enough about that. I'll wait for the experts to speak.

I'm really not looking forward to September. I have horrible Septembers. I don't know why, but bad things happen to me in that month. There are good things too, but nothing comes to mind. Hopefully, since this past weekend had some trying moments, that we got the bad voodoo of September out of the way early. Keep your fingers crossed.

But on the upside, it should cool off as fall arrives and football season rolls around (GO JACKETS!!!!!! GO NINERS!!!!!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment