Friday, August 25, 2006

My shadow's the only one who walks beside me

Its never a good when you start the day with a phone call from your brother to tell you Mom is in the hospital. Appearently mom needed a cardio test thing.. you know where they stick a wire through an artery in your thigh and slide it up to your hear to make sure eveyrthing is working. Well, the good news is Mom is all good with the heart, and was only spending a few hours in the hospital. And mom being mom didn't want anyone to worry so she told no one. Seems to be a common theme in my family, dad had a quadruple heart bypass and didn't tell anyone until it was all done.

Still, theres nothing good about hearing that your mother is in the hospital, and we always tend to jump to the worst conclusion. Luckily looks like mom will be around for a while!

Otherwise, i just been running errands. After last nigths trivia festivites, i kinda just needed a day to do nothing, thought the laundry is still piled up, but thats simple enough to fix. The detour to the hospital blew my whole schedule for the day, because u all know I'm all about schedules! But at any rate, last night was fun, even though we didn't win. But its not about winning, about getting out there and play... no thats bullshit, its all about winning! And having a good time. And midnight swimming in apartment complex pools... unfortunitely the ratio was very skewed against me. I blame Charity for that. She thinks I'm fat, thats why she wouldn't come swim.

Oh and another thing, how do u teach and entire generation of people that theres 9 planets, and then suddnely go "Oops, we were wrong, we're not going to call Pluto a planet!" I mean come on, every science book in the world now has to be changed because the scientist types just decided Pluto is too small... why is it always about size!! I"m with you JR, we need to rise up and fight the arrogant asses who call them elves scientist. I spent 8 years in college, they're no better than me!!!

I was seriously was sort of put off when i read that about Pluto. Let just change the definition of a planet and make little Pluto feel welcomed.

Well, I'm going to go start with the cleaning, I'm not feeling quite so overwhelmed by the disaster that is my apartment... and sometimes my life. Its a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment