Tuesday, August 29, 2006

He took the midnight train going anywhere...

I can't really think of anything exciting to write about. Everything has been sort of subdued here lately. Even the wild outings have been some what less wild. OK, so really there has not been much outings. Some of us have been personally relating to some events of the past. And others have just been thinking about them. But mostly it just reinforces the "carpe diem" attitude i like to have, though sometimes I tend to take things a little on serious side, I just don't show it.

Last night after dinner, I was driving home (with a hottie next to me... I like to brag) and we had some music cranked and the windows down. Its was so nice. I really didn't want to come home. It was just a nice drive and the stars were shining. Almost an escape from the world around. But as much as I would like to escape, theres a few of you guys I'd like to drag with me. I enjoy the company and I find I'm happier when we're all out together.

So, my brother sent me this for a personality test. And being rather bored at work (and unable to think of anything to write) i took it. The website is http://www.cmi-lmi.com/kindom.html . It gives a brief personality description and how it arrives. Mine came up as:

Your distinct personality, The Discoverer, might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. Your overriding goal is to go where no one else has ever gone before. Regardless of the number of available natural problems to be solved, it is not unusual for you to continually challenge yourself with new situations or obstacles that you have created. You are an insatiable explorer of people, places, things and ideas. You thrive on constant change and anything new or different. On the positive side, you can be creatively rational as well as open minded and just. On the negative side, you might be an impractical and indecisive procrastinator. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

I can see a lot of that in me. I suppose this is one of those new management types of things (he's the real corporate type... i tend to be the more anti-establishment in the family). What yous think? Its only an 7 or 8 question test and its interesting at least. If u take it, lemme know how u come back!

If any of ya'll were in the greater PTC area around noon today, you may have been treated to a couple of low fly passes of a Whiskey Oscar Alfa MD-11 shooting approaches to Falcon Field. Not often we get a widebody jet flying 1000 feet over town. Under the auspices of doing a MX flight, they had to do some approache, but I think the Director of Ops and Asst Cheif pilot just felt like joy riding. It was neat to have them fly over HQ at 2000 ft. Grace should have been here for that!

I want to go exploring... but first a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment