Wednesday, August 16, 2006

People in every direction, no words exchanged no time to exchange them

Once again, there was an excellent Dave Matthews Band concert last night. And I have new stats and heard great music.. and there were special guests. But the most amusing part of the night was the people. One huge surprise was an alum from my Drum Corps that sat behind me. He regcognized me and I felt bad because... well, I couldn't remember his name. I knew the face, but the name just didn't come. But its Casey if anyone wants to know, and even though I had stopped marching a few years before him he still recognized me from being around the corps. That was kewl. And very nice to meet his girl (also a SW alum). It always good to see Southwind people out and about.

The other really amusing thing, the same girl who's sat beside me for something like 4 concerts had the seats beside me yet again. Its funny that we know each other only from going to concerts. We happen to have fan club membership numbers a few people apart and always end up next to each other at Atlanta and DC shows. Nifty. Now for those of you who think I'm obsessed with DMB concerts... well, I am.. I'm OK with it... It makes me feel better and i leave with an ear to ear smile. And its damn good music well played by awesome musicians. Its my thing!

Now, on to other things, I was asked if i met anyone interesting on the cruise. Well.. the most, I guess, interesting person I kept running into was this girl who seemed to be fascinated with elevators. She couldn't have been more than 13 or so, and everytime I would get in a big glass elevator... she was there. Running the elevator for whoever would get in. Now on a boat with 2600 people, arcades, games, activites, 3 pools, a rock climbing wall, all this crap you could be doing, this girl seemed to just want to ride the elevator. Usually with no one else. Maybe she was just shy and not good with making new friends onboard, maybe she was just unhappy being dragged on a cruise with her family and wanted to get away (I can relate to both those feelings)... I just kinda felt bad all she had to do was sit on the floor in the elevator. She had very unhappy eyes. I did see her again on the last night, apparently her family was assigned a dining table a couple away from us, and it looked like the normal family, 2 kids, mom, dad.... but she still seemed unhappy. I don;t think i ever saw a smile. I hope she cheers up, much too young to be so disaffected with life.

Many of my friends and I enjoy people watching. For me the airport is the best place, and usually having lots of time to sit there waiting for flights... i get some good watching in. I enjoy trying to place some one with where they are in life or where they are going. Yes there is a lot of guessing and usually some stereotyping involved, but its fun. Just looking at the looks on peoples faces, you can almost tell if they're happy, sad, angry, relaxed, or any number of emotions. And you can make guesses about people walking by... he's coming home from a long business trip... shes on her way to the meeting that could make her career... that family is on the way to Disney World and the kids are pulling mom and dad to the plane... That couple is on their honeymoon and madly in love with each other (those tend to nauseate me these days)... Everyone has a story, its trying to find out what it is that intrigues me.

And thats it for today, more to come soon. And Ray, you get credit for the Jimmy guess on the last blog, but you didn't give me the song title. And just saying the "Cartman Song" for the previous blog is not gonna win you a free beer... Cartman doesn't count as an artist! This one is pretty easy, no prizes....

No comments:

Post a Comment