Sunday, August 27, 2006

Push through it


Current mood: sore
I learned something today. I'm really not as young as I tend to think I am. I'm horribly out of shape.. well, unless that shapes a ball, then i'mpretty close to that shape. Today the 3 Rays, Jr, David, and I met for some tennis. It wa shot, but we persevered. I sucked, but i kept playing. I did better than the last time some one tried to teach me to play, which has been about 15 years or so now. I've learned that u don't swing away like its a baseball.

But I learned that I, who lives too much of a sedentary life can't just walk out on to a court and start playing like i did when i was 15 years younger and 70 pounds lighter... After learning I can't accomplish the feats of youth, I have resolved to go back and try it again. I tend to remember the teachings of a person who had a lot of influence on my youth. Tommy Allen. One the things he got through to me is if you decide to do something, no one can stop you. You brain can tell your body to push on through pain and heat and tiredness. That probably why i played (i use that term losely) tthe second game with JR after i felt my lower back getting sore. Again, probably not the brigthest thing..

So after an hour or so of chasing a bouncing ball around a court, I'm tired, I'm sore,. But i feel better than i really have in a while (if only i didn't have to work tonight). So, i think I'm going to do it again. Anyone have a racquet they want to sell me? Or wanna take on a horrible student to play with?. I was beaten by a 10 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment