Friday, December 15, 2006

All the old paintings on the tombs, They do the sand dance

Let me first apologize to the whiny little beotch who keeps calling in to ask me stupid questions while i'm busy surfing the internet at work for not mentioning him in my last blog. I apologize for the omission and I'll be sure to make fun you future blogs as often as possible.

Seriously, Ryan was most helpful in my eventual non jumpseat home from Bruxelles. I'm getting into a bad habit of running into him in random parts of the world. I'm thinking of taking a trip Cairo and chances are, I'll run into him again. The only downer is that 5 hour layover in Addis Ababa... but then again, I could say I've been to Ehternopia. I could do the one thats stops in Khartoum, The Sudan (that's right next to Chad, Ray's favorite country), but apparently there are a few communicable diseases that breed there I don't feel like contracting.

Otherwise, I slept alot today. It was nice to be back in my own bed (which is very comfortable). I understand Grace's determination to sleep in her bed alot more now. I have been spending a good bit of time lately away from home. I do however miss the part about hotels where they come clean the place for you. If I could only get maid service at my apartment... and not pay for it.

And why is that hotel maids, even though you clearly have the "do not disturb" sign on the door, always knock and ask if you are sure. Its not like I was in Germany and brought my own personal English version of the sign. Or Flemish. I really don't want to be disturbed. I'll let you know when to clean it.

I'm back at work for the moment and would rather not be. But thats ok. I gave my boss the bill for the trip, at least the parts I had to pay for. He kinda laughed when I told him my room in Bruxelles included 25 Euros (about $30) for my "free" breakfast. You may be wondering what a $30 breakfast tastes like? it's not bad, except there were no pancakes. I would have thought for $30 I could get some freakin pancakes. or at least Belgium waffles. Hello, I'm in Belgium.. where are the waffles?

So, yeah Cairo... that sounds like it could have some potential fun. I've always wanted to see the pyramids, and thet would satisfy my Africa requirement for my New Years resolution. Of couse I need to check all this with my personal travel assistant Grace. I need to plan around her schedule now. Add Jersey's schedule, and wow... maybe I should get a PDA for Christmas. I do need to get shots before heading to the Dark Continent probably, which would require a doctors visit. I hate doctors.

I'm gonna get busy. I have a lot of nothing to do for the moment. Oh, FYI, theres new pictures on my slide show and new pictures on my photo bucket. Thats www.photobucket.com and search for mellodees. I didn't take alot because.. well, there wasn't a whole lot to take pictures of. And I really didn't feel like being all tourist-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment