Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I won't be coming home tonight, my generation will put it right.

I'm a bit bored. Its tuesday night, I had one flight plan assigned to me tonight. Uno... 10 hours, one flight plan. So, I was pro-active, I took one away from the person before me and one from the person after me. Now I'm up to three.. and I revised manuals and what not. Much work was done. I still have 4 hours to go.

So, there's nothing much going on in my world. I can see the next month being expensive. Tags are coming due, Weddings, parties, vacations... oh how i love the fall. But I do enjoy spending money.

Without sounding arrogant... I'm a pretty smart person. And i know sometimes I have a short patience with others not getting "it" quickly. I just feel that some one who is responsible for peoples well being and running an airline shoudl have a clue. Apparently I am wrong. We here at work received a mission statement from upper management. Now I took a few management courses in college, and this all looks really familiar... like it came straight form a text book. They identified a 5 year plan for the company... which basically is summarized as make more money and remain profitable. Thats freakin brilliant... no other company has ever thought of that. For those who don't know, we fly mostly military charters. But the big thing over the last few years has been to find more civilian contracts and not rely on tax dollars. Well... the mission statement. 1. Increase our presence as a military transport provider. 2 and 3 are increase civilian contracts (pax and cargo). Now, how can u do both?? If you fly more civilian, less planes for military... and vice versa??

And the boss made $400,000 in bonuses??? I could make a strategic plan like that basically says remain profitable. Hopefully they have a way to implement this plan in mind, but I'm not optimistic.

And then the next day, I get an email from legal saying I need to review the new ethics and code of conduct. I'm protesting and seeing how long before it takes them to figure out I haven't signed it this year. Last time it took 6 months. Besides, we all know I have no ethics! And I am amused at getting ethics pointers from corporate lawyers.

Thats my rant for the day. I hope all is well with my loyal readers. The weather is suppose to be gorgeous tomorrow. I may go for a ride before work. Or may just sleep in. It's a tough call.

BTW, the strategic plan is a corporate secret... don't tell anyone.

P.S. I just lost one of my flights... I tried to be a nice person... I'll put an end to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment