Monday, July 17, 2006

The Wanderer

Like my buddy JR, I do tend to try and find catchy subjects for this thing.. but mine aren't nearly as creative as his. Well, its been a couple days since i've been on here. Not uneventful, but not all that exciting. I took my bike up to my friend Sarah's house and put her on the back and went for a ride. NOw Sarah is a sweetheart, and after a couple hours on the bike.. she was about reayd to get off. In her defense, my ass was getting tired of riding. And didn't plan on making it a all afternoon outing, but I kinda got lost, and ended up in Dawsonville, but it was nice ride through some hills up north, i recommend hwy 136 out of Jasper for u bikers out there. I put up about 200 miles that day, and have the sunburn to prove it. Sarah actually nodded off on the way home... just layed her head on my shoulder and went to sleep at 80 miles per hour on a motorcycle. That girl can sleep anywhere, but rarely with me.

Then last night, went out with A to the local watering hole. And we enjoyed the live music and Jeiger Bombs. I spent too much gain, especially since once again i was stuck with the entire tab. One of the guitar players took an interest in A and has convinced her she should come "jam" with them. Now she has been to music theater school and can carry a tune, but i think the boy has other motives involved. And, on one hand I can't care less... but.. on the other.. well.. we all know that for some reaosn i really dig her... and it drives me nuts. This so can't be healthy.

I woke up this morning feeling ok, started doing laundry... and had some water to re-hydrate myself. And apparently water is my evil nemesis... i suddenly started feeling crappy. Not to be detered,, i did go meet "Hooker" Sean for lunch (had work done on the vehicle and needed something to do)... and well... Taco Mac and some beer. I'm feeling better now.

On the drive, I was feeling the needed for some Johnny Cash, not that chipper "Ring of Fire" Johnny Cash, but something a little more, brooding. Theres a song he did with U2 called The Wanderer... and theres a line thats been stuck in my head all day... "I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch, and to feel as much as a man can before he repents". Don't know why this has been in my head, maybe i'm feeling grounded again and I wanna get out. Yeah i know i just got back (2 weeks ago) from beautiful Wisconsin... and that was great. But its getting that i dread more and more coming back home. Perhaps I need to find a change in my world around here. Now i would like to be out with friends more, and to do something interesting (not necessarily bar hopping). But my schedule and theirs isn't so condusive sometimes. Perhaps i should find a new hobbie... anyone think they can teach me to knit?? Not. Nope... i'm going to buy a guitar next paycheck. If I don't do it.. some one come hit me and remind me to stop putting it off.

And i don't know who all you people are who read this, but hope it provides some entertainment and that you don't mind the grammatical errors. Sounds like the dryer is done.. time to put away the laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment