Tuesday, November 25, 2008

On my way home I remember all the best days.

Current mood:relaxed

Today should be my Friday, but alas I'm working tonight again. Why? Well in order to get Sunday night i did a shift trade and took tonight. It works out well actually, and I'm contemplating trying for next Monday off and just taking something close to a couple weeks without work.

However, should I do that I'll have this urge to take off to Europe or something, and while some good could come from that, mostly debt would follow. I really do want to focus on alleviating some of my debt. Especially since the government seems intent on bailing out all the people I owe money to. Darn them!! DARN THEM TO HECK!!!!

I'm looking forward to being down south. While I enjoy Grace's musings, it does make me kinda sad that I'm not there to be part of all the fun and games. Add to that the separation from Susan, it kind blows. But I'm managing in he hopes it's all worth it in the end. Damn being a responsible adult.

I had a lot of interesting things to say earlier, but they seem to have slipped my mind. Maybe I'm getting old, or just killed a few too many brain cells in my misspent youth. ut I had a good time, and I'm really quite sure I'm done misspending my youth.

Christmas i around the corner, and I know this because everyone at work has sort of kicked up the level of panic and confusion. Well, not so much in dispatch, but most everywhere else in the room. And it's apparently only going to get worse from now till Santa comes. But along with the excitement comes the problem of Christmas shopping. Unlike the last couple years, the budget for me isn't the biggest worry, but figuring out what people need or want. I'm normally a fan of gift certificates for the ambiguous typs who I really have no idea what to get them, and that works pretty well for older neices, nephews, and moms and dads (yes I have 8 sets of parents). But I like to come up with fun and useful surprises for other people.

And I think I did really well last year with that, but this season i'm drawing a big blank. I'm even perusing the UPS company store for ideas. Don't be surprised if you get something brown. But along these same lines, I don't like presumptuousness when it comes to gifts. For instance, I received an email Christmas list for one of my nieces. While I was going to ask for suggestions, I'm kind of put off that the list was sent with out my asking.

Maybe I'm just weird like that.

Anyways, I'm just burning some time while the laundry runs. Has anyone ever noticed how bad TV is at 6 AM?

So, ATL peeps, hit me up over the next couple days and maybe I can fit you into my busy schedule of Tomb Robbing and gorging myself on turkey. Now I'm off to check loads on Delta to Europe and see if I wanna take a trip. I plan great vacations, I just wish I could go on more... and not solo.

Everyone should wish Ryan a happy Birthday. He's suffering in Germany these days and sure he could use the good wishes so people think we like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment