Sunday, September 28, 2008

Money, it’s a gas. Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

Current mood:content

It's beena while since I've pontificated here. I really haven't had all that much to say. Politically I'm stll bewildered at the amounts of tax money is being spent to save banks and return the ability of people to buy things on credit, which kind of was part of the problem to begin with. And I feel kind of bad for all those people in the ATL that can't seem to find gas. I keep reading articles on the shortage and have yet to find any media outlet report why there is a shortage, apparently is just because. We here in Louisville have plenty of gas, and the price has been dropping steadily since the Hurricane came through. Maybe I should barrel some up and send it down.

And then there was a presidential debate I tried to watch last night, It sort of lost me in the "he said, he said" crap. I would love for one of the candidates to just get pissed off enough to walk over and bitch slap the other one. I would vote for that.

Otherwise, in the real world of stuff that affects me, I had JoHnathon as a house guest this past week. It was almost like having a roommate again, and welcome diversion. I would love to have more such guests. JoHnathon seemed comfortable here, even sleeping on the air mattress TanJoe defiled. We didn't do any exciting tourist stuff, just hung around the local area.

At work, I received a lovely plaque to commemorate my first official flight plan/release sent as a qualified Brown dispatcher. It's actually qute a cool looking little momento, and is sure to have a special place in the random airline crap I have here. And I did get an "at-a-boy" at work the other night from a manager. Which surprised me. Normally when a manager comes over and starts a conversation "SO, I had pulled up one of your flight plans..." it usually isn't good. But apparently in the efforts to not take responsibility for their own issues, the pilot management types tried to find some one (namely me) to blame.

He couldn't I guess, Yay for doing everything right.

In other news, I received my first big check yesterday, nice. Now to just be responsible and not spend on frivelous things (Wii, new TV, trip to Tahiti, etc...).

SO, that's about all that's happening. I still haven't decided on the Brazil thing, and I'm still missing Susan, and I still think Ryan is a No Talent Ass Clown, and I still miss the party people back home. Which I understand gathering may be in order soon.

Oh and a Happy Birthday to Adri!!!! I wish I could be there for the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment