Sunday, March 16, 2008

this is the end, my only friend, the end.

I’m back i Louisville, though this time it’s not nearly as wonderful as the last time. Though I do have furniture now, which is a nice change. However, it was a bit of a trying time getting here. After waking up with a headache and stomach that wanted to kill me, Jersey ran me up to the airport to catch a flight home, or so I had hoped. I didn’t make the first one, and the second one wasn’t looking to good either, as I was the third jumpseater on the list. So I went with plan B and launched up to Cincinnati. ANd fro there a quick flight over to Louisville.

And then the plan fell apart. Apparently the Brazilians can’ build and aiplane that can cary all 50 passengers and their luggage from CVG to SDF. Now, while I could understand if this was some long trans oceanic journey, but its an hour drive by car. Did the Brazilians not envision these planes would actually fly full?? Perhaps they should stick to developing waxing techniques and leave plane building to the professionals.

That being said, after being bumped from the 4:50 flight, I was unwilling to wait and chance it on the next one, which leaves a mere 3 hours later. Did I mention it’s an hour drive? SO, I found a fellow UPSer ho was trying to jump to SDF also, and we split the costs on a rental.

Ok, i must point out once again how great the last week has been. Spending so much time with Susan was awesome, and being total tourists here rocked. Then this weekend, I put alot of stuff away and the apartment in PTC is a shell of it former self. This weekend is the last weekend of our residence there. Saturday, there was a small group of us, sitting on the floor and lawn chairs (no other furniture was left intact) drinking ourselves silly. And we were silly. Some mroe than others. I’m really going to miss that.

Well, tomorrow its back to work and training, lets see if I can remember what goes on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment