Saturday, January 19, 2008

Where is that global warming when you need it?

Well, I found a new place here in Louisville. I spent the last week scouring the area looking for a place to live, and I've learned something about Louisville. You can't get an apartment with both a washer/dryer and a garage for a reasonable price. So now I'm shooting for a 2 bedroom upstaird plce with hardwoods and a washer/dryer already installed. And in a struck of moderate luck, the two girls who live there now want to sell their (very red) couches. Conveniently i need cheap couches. I'll just have to live with red, but they do look comfy.

The upside is the place is in the middle of The Highlands area of town. Within a 4 blocks, there a couple dinners, a Tapas bar, used DVD/Music/Book store, a microbrewery pub, a pizza pub, Qdoba, banks, and a store that sells interesting leather and lace outfits. And theres plenty of room for visitors.

In other news, its freakin cold. I mean seriously, I think I saw a penguin out in the pond by the apartment here. So I've sequestered myself in for the night, after some bar hopping last night. I found some nice irish pubs and a piano bar. It was something to do at least.

Thats about it for today, nothing earthshaking. Oh, and for all of you kids in Georgia with the snow... quit freaking out, its not gonna hurt you! Go out and play in it, drive slower and you'll be fine.

Well I have lasagna in the oven and i better go pay attention to it. I'm looking forward to being home next weekend and seeing everyone. I do beleive that, before the apartment i cleared out in PTC, there should be a gathering!

Stay warm everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment