Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Long nights, impossible odds, keeping my back to the wall.

Happy New Year!!

I'm up here in Louisville, wheres it freaking cold. I don't think it ever passed the freezing mark today. Now theres a nice dusting of white topping on everything. Yay, I got to see snow. Too bad I have to go to work tomorrow. That makes me a little sad.

I hope everyone had a nice christmas and New Years that followed. After coming back to work in between, I had some very nice holidays. Of course the time spent with friends and family was much to short. I had a great time with Susan and her friends over the weekend And i experienced my first Trans-Siberian Orchestra event. I have to say it was very unique and I really enjoyed it. The surprise appearance of Tommy Shaw put the show over the top. For those who don't know, Tommy Shore was a member of the 70's/80's band Styx. Great times!!!

Other than that, I suppose its time for addressing all those new years goals and resolutions Easy, I'm not making any. I don't do predictions either, I'm always wrong. And the the goals I have aren't specific to 2008, but seem to be an everyday sort of thing. Theres of course things I would like to do, and I'm going to do my best to make those happen. But I'm not into getting all sad when life throws me a curveball and I know things change. So I have some hopes and dreams, and we'll see if I can bring some of them to fruition.

Other than that, its back to thr grind tomorrow. I'm hoping to hear some news pn potential upgrades at work, and then tart my apartment hunt here in earnest.

Well, i'm going to crack open a beer (theres a fine loal brewery that makes a nice dark Stout, thats aged in a bourbon barrel... yum) and cheer Hawaii on to victory against UGA... its not looking good for them though.

No comments:

Post a Comment