Saturday, August 4, 2007

Theres no room, no space for rent in this town.

I'm resolving myself o the fact that the neighbors her ein Kentucky hate me and thats why they password protect their wireless networks. Hence to do any meaningful internet work I have to pack up my laptop (not the sleek silver ligthweight one, but the 15 lbs behemoth that I thought was never leaving my desk) and head to the nearest Borders (my current location) or STarbucks to make use of the hotspot there. But on the upside it does justify the money i spend to keep that access.

I'm spending the weekend here in Louisville. My schedule next week was changed to a Monday thru Thursday rotation so it was econmically unfeasable to drive home, jsut to drive back. I'm still missing an ID and Jumpseat privileges. ANd thanx to the fine accounting department at World Airways, I didn't get paid this week. So i couldn't pay the gas to get home.

hopefully all this will be resolved in due time and I'll be a much happier camper. I'm realizing more and more I'm not a big fan of the living situation. Its more tolerable during the week when the roommate here is working opposite schedules and I can prett much roam free. But on the weekends, I find that i miss having my own stuff and own retreats. It really does make a difference to my comfort level not having my own stuff around. And for the first time ever, I'm living with a complete stranger, and thats adding some anxiety to the mix.

So I'm feeling the need to find my own place here. WHich will in turn mean I'll be leaving my place in PTC. ANd theres a whole new set of issues with that.

I had planned to explore some of the Louisville area this weekend, but with the funding shortfalls, I'm putting that off. Otherwise, Monday I get to be a UPS guy. Complete with brown uniform and boxes in hand. SO that should be exhausting. Its like a million degrees up here and they don't put AC in the package cars (don't call them vans.. ). So, hopefully I'll get through it without completely embarrassing myself. Though the chances are slim. I do very little with out completely embarrassing myself.

SO for anyone out there, I'll be back in PTC next weekend. I'm not sure which place to call home now. but I'll be around this weekend if anyone wants to come play. CHances are I'll need a ride if we do hang out.

No comments:

Post a Comment