Monday, August 6, 2007

It’s hot! Damn Hot!! Africa Hot!! I saw a little guy in a brown uniform burst into flames!

I made it through Monday, and have lived to tell the tale. Today was my opportunity to spend the day witha packgae car driver. YOU know those big brown trucks that deliver stuff to your house? They're not called trucks, they are call Package Cars. Good to know stuff.

And I've now taken that career option of the list. While in some ways I miss the outdoors job and sweating and doing physical labor, I don't miss it that much. ANd today in Louisville it was very near 100 degrees. And every one seemed to want to point out that it was hot to us, as if we couldn't figure such climatic extremes on our own.

But at any rate, I do have my yeas of drum corps tot hank for preparing me for one more hurdle in life. Tha being you can survive in the heat wiht proper care and hydration. I think the liter of water to ebign the day, and the occaisonal water fountain stops along wiht a mix of Powerade and Gatorade kept me from dying. So, I managed to stay alive, and actually kind of enjoyed it. We did have a slow day so that helped.

Now the roommate on the other hand here... much complaining. Of course it started this morning with a less than cheery attitude. Mine was more peppier apparently, which meant I got sent on the cushier downtown routing. Which also afforded the opportunity to get to know about 4 square blocks of the city, and the type of women work in them.

The highlight of the day was a delivery to a gentlemans club. And of course, we had to wait for a manager to come out and sign for the letter. All the while a young lady was disrobing on stage. SO there are perks to the job. Just not enough to make me want to do it fulltime.

otherwise, I'm looking forward to being back in PTC over the weekend. Perhaps some of u may come out and play? But for now, I'm off to dreamland to frolic in a world where I am king. I won't go into anymore detail, because there may be children reading.

Oh, and World finally sent me money... about damn time!

No comments:

Post a Comment