Saturday, July 28, 2007

Attention Atlanta drivers

Heres a hint that most of the rest of the free world has figured out. Unless you are in part of the British COmmonweath, it is wrong to be passed on the right. If you are on a multi lane road, and people are zooming by on your right side, you are in the wrong lane! Yes I know, there are signs on most the tinerstates that advise the slower traffic to stay in the right lane... that means you.

And if you are by chance driving at the same speed as the person (or persons) beside you while behind you there is an armada of people that seem slightly pissed off... please, on of you get behind your neighbor and end the rolling roadblock. Also, theres a reason that your vehicle manufacturer put those flashing amber and red lights on the sides of your vehicle. They communicate your intentions to alter your current course. So use them! Its not just a good idea, its the law!

Sorry for the rant, but I've been spedning a lot of time on the roads of late (and will continue to do so) and these things have been aggrevating me. Most of the observations above come from a recent expedition to meet Gracie for lunch. Of course being in a bit of a rush, i encounterd the worst drivers the city seems to hold. And well, they suck.

Also this week, I learned my laptop is in need of some serious help. The geek who was working on it told me I need reformat my hard drive and reinstall windows. YAY!!! That means every thing I've saved on the drive is gone. And being my normal irresponsible self, I've lost most my pictures over the last 3 years. Not to mention a ton of DMB live shows I had downloaded. And with the loss and theft my CD folders over the last couple years... I got them no more!
ANd tonight, I'm just kind of bored sitting at home. I got most my laundry done (thanx to Jersey) and shortly the dishes should be finished. I suppose I could vacuum, but I'm not feeling that inspired.

I also should probably apologize for being overly out of touch of late, things just seem to be going in so many directions and so fast. And now that the harem has broken apart and gone their seperate ways (unfortunatley mostly to be with their fiancees and husbands and all.. whats with that?), I have no second home to go spend my time at. Some times, no matter how nice it is to be home, you get tired of being there. And thats Ironic since I spent four days this week somewhere else.

I'm not so sure of the living situation up in SDF, it will suffice for the short term but I don't know how long. And the idea I may not make it home some weekends is not very cheerful. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get my flying benefits in order and can stop the driving. That wouldn't suck. Of course, the getting another car to park up there and buying a new computer, all while taking a pay cut..that does suck.

Dishwasher is done, amazing how many glasses I dirty while not being here. I seem to drink a lot of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment