Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The gig is up, the news is out, they finally found me!

The gig is up, the news is out, they finally found me!
Current mood: excited
DO you think Brown is my color?

Yesterday afternoon, I as offered a position with UPS (conditional on passing a background screening and drug test)! And while the prospects are exciting and I'm very thankful I wasoffered the job, I have a lot of nervousness. Mostly the living situation and getting to work thing, but I'm sure it will work all these things out.

I'm planning right now to try and, in true airline employee fashion, be a commuter. Meaning i live in beautiful metropolitan PTC and on the days I work I'll be crashing up in Louisville. And we'll see how that goes. At any rate, I'm going to be physically around a lot less, but I'll still be one text message away.

So, its back to the bottom of the list and being the new guy again. And while thats a little bit stressful, I'm looking forward to new challenges and new people. And then I get to show them I'm better than them. OK, thats a little bit egotistical. But you get the point. So, the stagnation in my career seems to be clearing up.

However, I have this left over FeEx wear that prolly won't get much use anymore. But I'm not getting rid of it! I appreciate all the support from everyone more than you know. So on that note, let the party start.

And we'll see what Brown can do for me! (Yeah thats cheesy but deal with).

IN other news, Transformers comes out today, and I'm thinking I'm heading out to the first showing this mornin. Since I'm awake and all. I have been eagerly awaiting the return of my childhood heroes. And I'm almost tempted to run to moms house and retreive all my bots from the attic. Yes, I still have all my transformers (or most of them). They're in boxes next to my GI Joes, Hot wheels, and He-man stuff. We could really turn the apartment here into a child of the 80's dream romper room.

I don;t often discuss politics, but I just read the news that GW commuted the sentence of "Scooter", sitine that eh thought the punishment was too harsh. Now, its was 30 months (not years) in jail. And he only obstrusted justice and due process in a criminal investigation. Oh and compromised a CIA operative,who very well could have been killed. Yeah, 30 months is way to much. I despise corruption, and I do beleive this is just another reaosn GW should be looked at for impeachment. Whats another abuse of executive powers now though??

THen again, I have no faith in democrats either.

So, thats it. My political rant for the week. Later kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment