Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Forgive me father for I have sinned, and given the chance I'll probably do it again

If I had the energy, I would embark on a quest to rid the world of stairs. There should be an elevator, or at least and escalator, where ever one may need to traverse the heights of multiple floors. Though, I do need the excercise, and I hopefully won't be climbing the 36 steps 20 times a day carrying stuff on a regular basis.

That being said, this lpace is huge, comparatively speaking to the last place. And it seems I've take all the random piles of stuff from one apartment to the other. So now there are just random piles of stuff in here. Hopefully by the time the other two J's move in I'll have my little area put together in an organized chaos theme.

Before I go any further, let me send out a big thankyou to the moving crew. Sean, JR, and Katie were all quite helpful. And I honestly couldn't have done it with out you. I'm studying the balcony now for a way to rig the pulley system should I ever move out. Though I think gravity will be of immense help should that happen. And of course, when JR and Sean showed up, I was not really packed. Its more of a discombobulation of "stuff." But we weeded through it and in one quick swoop got most of the heavy stuff over. Only to be followed with the stuff thats not so heavy in a singular state, but weighs a ton when bunched together... like clothes.

So, now I've accomplished my goals for the day, everyting is out of one apartment and in the other (sans the couches who made the trip to goodwill and the entertainment center who is looking for a new home... and some time during the day has been joined by addtional shelving.) I now have most my clothes hangin in the closet, though some ofganization is needed. Yes I'm that anal to put clothes in a specific pattern... it helps when you get up at 2:45 to go to work to know where the "work" clothes will be hanging. Now the bed is cleared off, and the bathroom is put together enough to be functional. I do have to say I have a complaint about the bathroom, its laid out in quite posibly the most inconvenient pattern ever. All thats left is to put sheets on the bed and jump in.... its going to feel sooooo good.

Let me throw some props out to the people at Bellsouth. My landline and DSL service was turned on sometime today (hence I'm typing this). They really stick to that schedule. All thats left is to get the cable people in here. I wa spleasently surprised when i plugged the phone and and a dial tone appeared... and even giddy when the DSL modem connected.

The best thing today,i made a call, sitting in the living rom, on my cell phone... I almost spooged when it didn;t drop and it was clear. For the first time in a very long time I have cell phone coverage in my residence!!!

I must say the old apartment looked very nice when I left it. I mean it's not clean like momma would do but its as clean as I ever remember it being. And finally, I can say all the french fries have been accounted for and disposed of. I always had the "if u can't see it, it must be clean" theory. Not true. From the amount of webbing, I would bet a 30 pound Tarantula lived behind my couch.

I also met the neighbors, a nice family with 2 young kids. They are probably going to hate us. Joe tends to make a lot of moaning noises... Tanya back me up on this one, that can make a fmaily uncorfortable when the have to explaone them to the childrens. There's an Asian family below us who will also probably not like us. We'll see.

I did score the master bedroom, after some persuasive convincing... and paying extra. Which is great really,.We can watch the boys fight over the other 2. I'm interested to see how I live with some one again, its been a long time. I'll have to be unselfish and clothed more than I used to.

Well, since i have work tomorrow and fabulous dinner plans tomorrow night, I don't expect any progress to be made until Thursday. In due time, it'll be a nice place here.

Ok of to bed before i pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment