Sunday, February 4, 2007

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

I've been suffering a technical meltdown the last couple days. I have been having some issues here. First of all, I couldn't get on to Myspace for over a day. Yes I know, tragic. Apparently thats been fixed now. Well, obviously it has.

Then last night, one of my laptops seems to have died. Yes I know I have 2, but one is heavy and no longer holds a battery charge, so its relegated to a desktop computer. The newer one however seems to have decided to quit working. And usually I can rescue most computers from issues that they have. This one is beyond me. The rescue disks are ineffective. And the real bitch of it I had so many pictures and what not stored on that machine, and I'm worried I'll never get them back.

And the third issue of the day was the older laptop, once I decided to bring it into the living room and off the desk, seemed to no longer want to connect to the internet through my network. However, when I connected to the neighbors wireless, worked like a charm. I spent about half the day figuring that out (yes, I was kinda bonehead and didn't have the security settings correct).

So two issues resolved, but the third one... ugh. I may be in the market for a new laptop in the near future. I just received my tax refund, and in a stroke of responsibility I sent it all to pay off a debt. Damn responsibility. And even worse, I wrote a blog earlier and then closed the window on it.. my literary masterpiece lost forever.

OK, well, other than the $2000 paperwieght I have now, everything else is OK. I hate the waiting game with the Delta folks. They should just call me tomorrow and offer me the job. I told my current boss I had the interview and all, he seems to think its all a done deal. I love how everyone is so much more optimistic than I.

Well, thats about it, no deep revelations or exciting news. I suppose its been 3 years since I last bought a computer (or maybe even 4 years) and I'm due. I'm thinking about an Apple iBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment