Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand

Current mood:moody

I just finished an OT shift and drove home in the lovely rain, which apparently will turn to snow in the morning. The third snow event this winter, already. This doesn't bode well.

SO, here I am, just pulled up and parked in front of the house, and was sitting in my car talking to Susan on the phone, engine still running. And while I'm saying good bye before dashing thru the rain, i see a girl run out from across the street. Well... so she likes to play in the rain. Apparently the chosen dress for such activity is bra, panties, and cowboy boots. So, i mention to Susan the goings on, say bye, hang up, and shut down the car. As i open the door, I heard yelled from the girls gathered watching the street ballerina that "Oh my god, there's a guy in the car". I know, I was being inconspicuous and stealthy, apparently the engine sounds were drowned out by the rain.

Said ballerina ran back into the group of girls on the porch, and another was waiting in the door to do her dance routine. But in there all so quiet way, the girls were discussing whether I was still watching or gone. Apparently they missed me walking to the apartment. I was unlocking the door, came inside, and that's all I heard.

I find i amusing for a Wednesday night on Duker Ave. I was contemplating swinging by a local pub for some beers or bourbon or other libation. But I'm not so into solo barhopping (truth be told, I feel kind of old and pathetic) so home I came. I'm thinking about cleaning.

Is this maturing??? I need to stop it. I had the urge to go out pound some shots and be really obnoxious. It's been a while, and lately it's been a lot of early to bed nights. Last night I met a co-worker and some of her friends out to watch basketball. Very sedate, compared to the group of girls at the next table drinking large beers and tossing back shots...

I was asked by one of the people where to go for good outings in Atlanta, I had to admit I don't know. All the old haunts have been closed down. Again, maybe I' just getting old. Can't say that I like the idea. So maybe its time to rediscover some youthful stupidity. I don't want to go bck to the old drink till you puke every weekend, but some pleasent buzzing would be nice... and some social outings to go with.

Something to think about coming into the New Year. Who wants to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment