Thursday, February 28, 2008

This too shall pass.

o its occurred to me that I'e been really slack about keeping touch with almost everyone who is not Susan, Grace, or some one I live with. I even noticed the other day I forgot 2 peoples birthdays this month. Ironically the only 2 people I know who have birthdays this month. It seems I've become overly reliant on myspace to remind me when to send out greetings.

So to all my pals who are like family and family who are great pals, apologies for being sort of out of it. Things ar ebeing unnecessarily hectic and stressful. i forgot how much a pain in the ass moving can be, and its only been a year since I last did it. Granted the last move was across the parking lot, so there as much less packing involved.

And I look around the new place and realize theres tons of suff I need to do to make it right. Blinds and/or curtains to purchase. Decor, and ust simple things like getting a TV in here... followed by cable. Unfortunately, the finaces seem to be lacking. hopefully that will change shortly. Not paying 2 rents will help. ANd on that note, when did food become so damn expensive??? I spent $150 at Kroger yesterday, and feel like I got very little. Granted I'm not buying food in its raw material form, but I'm also working with limited cooking utensils for the moment (which I discovered tonight when I went to make grilled cheeses and noticed a lack of frying pan).

At least all these issues are temporary in nature, and It just takes time and patience. Neither of which I have an abundance of at the moment. I seem to be in a position where I have 2 homes, and neither of them really feel like a "home" at the moment.

Again, in time.

Otherwise, work is fine, we're taking a break from training for a few weeks while the assistants rotate through vacations. The first couple days this week were fairl busy, getting everything caught up that had been neglected while we were in training. But today, nothing! Boring. The most excitement I had was discovering a new version of an online Jepp viewer. Yes, it's sad that was the excitement of the day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment