Tuesday, February 12, 2008

f you pour cherry syrup on the lawn you’d have a 30 sq ft cherry slushy.. yum

So, it snowed here last night. And not the sort of wimpy dusting snow I'm used to, but a full on 6 inches of frosty whiteness covered the land. And then, we threw some ice and freezing rain on top of that. YAY! SO i have 6 inches of snow piled on the car and a quarter inch of ice shielding it on the car. And boy is that fun to clean of at 7 AM. Not to mention the freezing rain was still falling. But my innate winter driving skills passed on from the CHicago side of the family kicked in, and I managed to make it safely to work. I only slid once, and I sort of expected it.

So I may be survive this winter weather. of course, tonight its supposed to freeze again. And we've had rain and melting snow all day. Yeah it could be a sporting trip to work in the morning.

At any rate, training is proceeding along, and is pretty much boring me to tears. The only fun that we seem to be having is pointing out when the instructor is blatantly wrong. At least tomorrow's class is with some one more knowledgable. Yay.

Looks like a road trip south this weekend, to pick up some apartment stuff and bring up here. I get the new place thursday after work. Hopefully I'll put some pictures up, to go along with the recent snow scenes.

And speaking of new things, there's a Lufthansa geography game I was sent the other day. It's kinda fun in a nerdy airline sort of way. Theres a link and icon from my main myspace page for those who think they can beat my score!

Otherwise, there's been no changes in life. So, we're just marking time until some news comes my way. I am very much looking forward to seeing SUsan for an all to short period this weekend! That makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment