Sunday, February 3, 2008

no pithy subjects today

There's only one more big decision to be made today. Do I go and watch the superbowl ina bar/pub/restaurant or do I stay in and watch here, drinking the beer I just bought? I'm leabing toward staying in now that I'm here. But I wouldn't mind being out and, more importantly, have some one cook me food.

ON the toher hand, it seems that our freidns at the Treasury department are on the ball, my refund has been deposited. I filed on Saturday, and alreayd got my money back. I got to gets paid! Now I gots to pay rent with it next month! Woohoo, i miss the days when I just got a refund and could blow it on.. whatever.

Lets talk about th weeekend, eerything worked out very well. I was able to score a ride home (thanx JR), spend some quality time with my old boss and Sheri on friday, and then I was graced with a surprise visit from... Grace and J and Jay and Amie. We also discovered that The Girls Next Door on DVD is not blurred. Score! And my mommy gave p here car for the weekend, and was even nice enough to come pick me up and dropme off at the airport this morning. I'v been really lucky with all my great family and friends who have put up with carting my ass around when I'm down for weekends. I can't tell Susan, Darci, Mom, Grace, Jersey, and J how appreciative I am for the plethora of rides and even loaning me cars.

Saturday, I was able to see my lovely girlfriend. She, did scare me a bit that morning calling up and sayin I may should not come. Apparently she was a bit under the weather. Well, I didn't drag my ass to oeja and work out rides and transport to not see her. So, I went down, and dragged her to lunch, and she dragged me chocolate shopping. And the cap of the day was the Monte Carlo night at her school. And I love gambling with play money, it so much fun. I also learned, finally, how to play craps. There is about 1000 different way to bet ona roll of the dice, and i think I have the basics down. And who else can say they learned to gamble from a priest?

As always, I hate so much leaving Susan behind. Especially an unwell SUsan. But I had to make it out early this morning to get back to Louisville for work.

ANd on the work front I was informed I may be upgraded this bid instead of having to wait another year. Apparently one of the uber senior dispatchers decided she doesn't want to work here anymore.

OK, intermission, I'm watching Girls Next door on TV, and the girl who is testing to be playmate of the month just said "religion is really a big thing for me".... Hrrrmm, what church does she belong to? I find that funny. And she has a squeaky annoying voice to boot.

Anyways, i think i'm gonna hve a beer and get my Superbowl party for one started. HOpefully good news will be coming this week. There may be a need for a celebratory trip to Vegas to test my Craps (er Crapping???) skills?.

No comments:

Post a Comment