Tuesday, November 6, 2007

This is the time, this is the place, so we look for the future

I went to a gathering Sunday and while here had a nice conversation with thegreat LT Hines. ANd amongst the other conversation, some of qhich was disturbing, he asked me about the job. And he made some rather insightful observations, especially for some one wih a 6th grade education.

Essentially he asked about the job, and my contentedness. And he asked a rather simple question... is this what you want to do? Well, not forever. ANd then his advice, look around the room an see if theres anyone you want to take their job... and wher eyou want to go upwardly. And I sorta did that yesterday. I found nothing. I'm gonna keep looking.

But I also know this position is temporary, a means tog et some where else. And like another wise one said, its when a person stops wanting to grow and learn is when they become uninteresting. I'm paraphrasing, but I think that was the gist. And if not, its still a good view.

SO now, as always.. the question is what do I want to do with my life? I find that being contented for the most part with the other aspects of life has made my insightful and angry rants less frequent. But its a great change.

Back to my point, I'm off to be brown for the afternoon. Let's see whom i want to get fired and replace.

And then party like a rockstar this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment