Sunday, November 18, 2007

I’ve been a wild rover for many a year, And I spent all my money on whiskey and beer

I decided to spend this weekend up her ein Louisville. With the thinking that since I'm coming in a homeward direction on Wednesday I could just hang up here and relax. I was very much happy to find out the roommate here was going out of town for the weekend. So I'm luckily "home" alone. Let me tell you I have made the most of it. I was asleep at 6 pm on friday after work. And after a brief interlude of consciousness and flritation with the idea of going out for food and drink, I realized that more sleep was a better idea.

Yes I know, I'm old and lame all the sudden.

But Saturday sort of made up for Friday's lameness. I decided it was about time I find out where things to do in Louisville are. That took about an hour. Most of the time I spent riding around the downtown area and a small foray into Indiana. I cn say I located a few places that have potential for outings, should anyone ever come visit. I also took in the Hard Rock and picked up the required pin. And fulfilled a request for a friend, which involved me drinking a Hurricane for breakfast. Yum, just what a growing boy needs.

The real interesting part of the evening started with union meeting (which on the way to I had to make a quick stop at an Irish pub here in Lull-vull, continuing my Irish Pub tour of the world), The meeting was held at a bar (nice) and the unon was gracious enough to provide an open bar for the members (very nice). Afterwards, I was invited to go out with some of "the guys" and have food and drink.

And thats where I learned a lot about the co workers. It was interesting just observing the people. Kinda like watching monkeys interact at the zoo. There seems to be some romantic interests between a couple of fellow dispatchers. And one at least is married to some one else. Yay of office flings. And in the midst of a heated game of darts, one persons inner angry drunk came out. Resulting in most of the group being asked to leave the premises. That should make work more interesting as the object of his assault was another dispatcher. So it seems I've walked into a fairly dysfunctional groups of closet alcoholics and adulterers. Apparently I'm going to do well here as I can at least keep up beer for beer, but I've given up adultery. And its been long time since I went on a 12 hour drinking binge, and I felt the effects. SO I suppose I'm jut going to have to do it more often.

At least I got out and I'm making friends. It seems that a lot of people have a lot of opinions about the roommate here. None of them seem to be positive. No that I was trying to buy love, but I did treat a few of them to a round at the second bar of the evening. In the past when walking into a new working environment, the FNG was always looked upon favoaby if he at least offered to buy a round or pitcher. Well, goofball missed his opportunity. And then his attitude when he came him sealed the impression.

I luckily seem to have made a positive impression with a few of the people who will be instrumental in my training. And that makes me happy.

Otherwise, the rest of the weekend has been daydreaming about Susan (and thats where Vrace throws up in her mouth a little). I can't wait til Wednesday, and the Thanxgiving excitement to follow. And I'm doing something I know is insane and not very bright... I'm attempting to non-rev over thanxgiving weekend. Wish me luck!

Hope everyone is doing well and I'll be back in the ATL area on Thursday. I can feel the travel bug sneaking up on me again. A need to see a foreign culture and try their beer. And now I have some one I really want to take with me... if only she had her passport :-P.

No comments:

Post a Comment