Tuesday, November 27, 2007

See, you and me have a better time than most can dream, have it better than the best

Words words words...

I hope everyone out there in blogland had a lovely thanxgiving. I did! Though plans didn't work out as initially envisioned, I did get to see the family, and I brought Grace along to share in my misery. She made quite the astute observation that my mother is trying to kill me with food. The sheer abundance of culinary delights was ridiculous. So much so a good amount of it is chilling in my fridge in PTC. Hopefully the roommates are killing it.

And then Susan came! Just in time to finish helping me supervise Grace cleaning her room. I almost feel guilty about my near total lack of help. Almost. But I feel I as an inspiration to her to organize her room. Then again I tend to be delusional.

At any rate, I had a lovely weekend with Susan, doing a whole lot of nothing much. We did manage to venture to Taco Mac... and no my jacket isn't in yet. I mean seriously, $2000 and I can't get a jacket by winter? We also took the tour of IKEA, complete with cinnamon rolls at the finish. Those swedes really know how to organize 273 square feet of space. They also know how to herd people through a store full of furniture and crap thats slightly amusing. And the last kick to the wallet, the aroma of fresh cinnamon rolls wafting from just beyond the checkout area.

And they are yummy!

And then I had thanxgiving part duex at the home of the fabulous Holby Family. Grace decided to repay me for dragging her to my family. Unfortunately there was nearly the underlying drama, and thus entertainment, that comes with family dinners at the Dees family manor. But it was delicious and Grace does have quite a fun family. I find it funny, that for years and years I've referred to her parents as "Mom" and "Dad", a long running joke that a former coworker and I had running... vying for Grace's hand in marriage. Of course neither of us had actually met her, and since meeting her we've reconsidered. (I love you Grace!)

Now, I've gone and fallen for her cousin, and have to re-adjust to the Aunt Mary and Uncle Frank nomenclature. Easy enough.

Now, I'm back in Lull-Vull. A pleasant-ish flight on a browntail, arriving just in time for winter. its cold. Seriously, I don't like cold. I'm a tropical type of guy. And for those of u still interested, there are new cell phone pictures from the Boeing 767 cockpit area. And it's back to work after almost 6 days off. I'm feeling very much out of the groove and disjointed topped with an extreme lack of enthusiasm. I'm very much missing Susan, missing all my friends, and missing leaves on trees. And even my family a little bit. It's getting harder and harder to squeeze everything and everyone into the 2 days I'm home. I'm sure I'll adjust in due time, but after the long weekend, its not going easily.

And one more thing, I have great roommates in PTC. Living with an annoying person makes me appreciate them that much more. Its kinda like when you go to visit some one and you're not quite completely comfortable in their house, surrounded by their stuff. It's much like that, only add that the person is not much for conversation and doesn't know it, thus continuous to converse with you way beyond the point where you've started the number of times he says "dude" in one sentence (12 I think is the record).

I know i'm not perfect, I just hope I'm not as annoying to others as he is to me. And if I am, please tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment