Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A little bit of heaven and a little bit of Hell Yeah!

Thats the best line I've heard ina while. And it very much describes how the weekend was. I ad the pleasure of Susan's company for the holiday weekend. She make the perilous journey from Montgomery and considerably improved my life for a few days. Some how I've fooled her into thinking I'm an alright guy, and shes coming back this weekend. Possibly just for the DMB concert and I'm only the driver...

Of course I don't believe any of that. I have found myself having a perma-grin most the time now.. through traffic and a manual audit at work. Its a nice feeling.

Other than Susan's visit, we seemed to have scheduled a gathering at the Casa Del Tres Hombres. t wa svery nice to have everyone around, and it was so much of a free form chilling. College otball was on the TV, the beer was cold. The liquor was mixed. And dinner was served. Which, this was a unique thing to this particular event, everyone pretty much brought their meat of choice and we had a meal.. in stages. The girls provided some sides (or fixins in the south). Adam, the newest roommate a Joe's replacement, flexed his culinary skills and cooked the pound of NY Strip i bought. And damn it was good.. if my momma was there i woulda slapped her... it was that good.

Sunday was spent with Susan and Grace, as we went to visit Grace's family for lunch. Another delicious meal was had. That evening my lovely niece Icrad came over to hang out. Its nice that shes moved a few miles down the road, hopefully he can come over more. But not the dog.. it poops in Adam's room.

I feel I should rant about something to make this whole blog more interesting. other than the suckiness of a small regional airline based in the Atlanta area, I don; have much to complain about... except being far away from some one very special. However, Delta has upgraded their last 2 RJ's to an MD-88 (for the aviationally challenged.. that means they are now using Delta crews and planes instead of ASA crews and planes) Maybe they can conquesr the skies and get me home.

This weekend I'm having Susan up again, and combine that with a huge DMB and Allman Brothers concert... if there was a beach involved it would be the perfect weekend. Its going to be grat as it is. I'm so looking forward to friday.

Ok, well.. i have a few other things to do here, and theres a coffee lecture going on here.. which is really quite interesting. I'll be around this weekend.. and available for all you social needs. Well, i will have some one distracting me.. but i'll try and be available :-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment