Friday, June 8, 2007

When you see the Southern Corss for the first time, you remember why you came this way

I wrote somethign earlier this morning, realized I hated it, and this is the second try and some meaningful literary creation. I'm not sure how well this is going to. Today is Friday and its technically my friday, except I signed up for OT tomorrow. Make some extra cash for next month, because apparently I'm planning to go back to Australia in July. I like finding these things out.

On that note, I was having a particularly engaging conversation with a particularly enchanting young lady from South Afrca. And the subject of all things was the rotation of water as it drains, or flushes. The first time I went to Australia, I remember one of the first things I did was flush a toilet to observe the water swirling the opposite direction. And of course, that was then i realized I've never noticed which way the water actually swirls here to compare it too.

Well, South Africa being south of the Equator, I asked this gorgeous creature if perhaps the first foray she made to the Up Over if she did the test. A firm 'NO' was the answer. Apparently I am that amused by pointless things. Which is good since I have 30 hours of plane riding coming up, and much amusement will be needed.

Today was payday, and its always fun on paydays to watch my bank account swell, then within hours shrink back to the miniscule standards as the money flows out to various other financial and service institutions. I did attempt a flurry of responsibility by over paying (double) a couple of credit card payments. So I don't feel like I'm just nlowing my hard earned money on frivelous things like... Taco Mac polo shirts (which I calculate cost me approximately $1400). But I had fun.

So, its a buys time for me: Brisbane, wedding, and then Braves/Sox game on Monday. I'm very much looking forward to the game, I think I'm going to have good company and a lot of fun. I've decided Jersey owes me so shes buying the first 3 rounds. SHe knows what she did.

Its almsot time to head home and stuff a bag. I turned on Travel Channel eysterday an Globe Trekker was on, which is areally cool show i recommend to everyone who likes to travel. And she (the cute host) was travelling costal Queensland.. I have some ideas. I'm taking it as a sign.

Back to airplane stuff. this one turned out much better than the first attempt. later

No comments:

Post a Comment