Saturday, April 7, 2007

The snow is falling and friends are calling yoo-hoo!

Odd things and strange days... that the last few days for me. Where to start? Lets go with work,

We at Whiskey Oscar Alfa have been acquired by some big company that acquires companies. So we have new owners. They say nothing is planned to change in how we operate, which can be seen as good and bad news. The good is that I'll still be continues to be employed and located in beautiful Metropolitan Peachtree CIty for the foreseeable future. The bad is there are some ways the company should be run better. Alas, people are still ina low level of panic about their futures... I had a beer and am ignoring it. I like my way.

Last night, we had snow in midtown Atlanta. Yes I said snow. And not small little flurries, it was big flakes. The snowing only lasted a brief perion, but it was unusual and the first snow fall I've seen this season. Ironically its way after the winter weather season should have been long gone. It's freakin April,where that global warming Al Gore is promising me? But I liked the snow..

And you may ask why I was in midtown Atlanta last night. Well, let me blame Grace. Because it was all her idea. She had a pal in town visiting and thought we should go up to meet and hang out with his friends. The started by dinner and drinks set to traditonal Irish music at Limerick's in the Highlands. We met Graces lovely friend Jessica there and waited to be told when to meet Grace's boys.

So we met them at Blakes by Piedmont park. This is where the weirdness and fun really started. If you're not familiar with Blake's, it is probably one of the more well know bars for members of the alternative sexes... a gay bar if you will. And a gay time was had (ha ha ha.. puns). So, we walked in and immediately were handed shots. That doesn't suck.

Now some of you may ask how I felt being a straight man in a gay bar. Well, I felt like a peice of meat in a den of hungry dogs who were just salivating over me. I felt objectified and leered at. I would also tell you thats all a lie.

I did feel a little awkward and out of place, but that was a result of being terribly out of shape and out of style compared to the rest of the males in there. And i think I may have been hit on once or twice.. and thats re-assuring that I could always have an option. But one I don't see me excercising. I like girls, too much. Grace's friends and their friends were all very nice and we had a blast. The drag queen show was most amusing, if not a little disturbing at times. Again, this is a family blog and I wontt move into the details. If you wanna know, ask me.

After a few shots, a few beers, and a few drag queen routines the group decided to head to IHOP for yummy pancakes. It was a fun night. More fun than I've had in a while, and despite the occasion guy rubbing a little too much on me... no harm was done. I think this is as close as I can experience to what girls feel when they get molested in bars by us straight types. Oh, and just to be fair, there were a fair number of hotty girls in there... and they weren't together.

Today me and Jersye ventured to the Ted for a baseball game. And after a ittle bit of annoyance with the parking and traffic situation, we found a nice perch at the 755 club and watched the game. It was too cold for baseball in April, froze my extremeties. But I did expereince the 755 Club which was great, waitresses and a full bar... with baseball to watch. Good times. Thanx to Jersey for allowing me accompany her. And the braves won!!

So its Saturday night, and it looks like a night at home chilling. Which is good because money is on the tight side for the moment. Thats about it. Its been quite an eventful weekend. I hope everyone has an enjoyable Easter Holiday. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment