Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Afraid of change, afraid of staying the same.

Afraid of change, afraid of staying the same.
Current mood: lazy
Isn't theres an old Chinese proverb about living in interesting times? Well, seems I've managed to do that. While living my normal humdrum life of late, there have been moments of excitement. Yes work is still the same old crap, except add the slim possibilty of the new owners moving the company or just firing us all. And don't think some of the more easily excitable employees aren't panicking. I do however find some amusement.

Of interest, I've been talking to some people of late that had seemingly dropped of the face of the earth, for one reason or another. And its been nice catching up with their lives. It's kind of amusing to take note of how they have had things change in their world, or not change as the case may be.

After a while of not speaking, for reaosns I won't get into, I've restarted conversations with my friend in Australia. Gaylene (or Gaie now as she goes by) has become a tarot card reader, and in my case a fairly accurate one. She still has the same troubl finding good men as before, and the same affinity for good wine or a bottle of Bailey's. But my conversations with her tend to make me want to use better grammar and actually proofread (since our conversations are essentially all emailed for economical reasons). And since she seems have had much better grammatical education than I, I don't want to look like an idiot.

And then last week, and again this morning, I received an out of nowhere call from California Jennie. The reason we refer to her as "California Jennie" are obvious, and since I know way to many Jennie's (or Jenn's or Jenny's or Jennee's) I have to have some way for my feeble mind to keep them seperate. But I digress..

I haven't heard from California Jenn since last year around this time, when she dropped of the face of the planet. We talked for about 30 minutes or so and just generally caught up on the last year. And while she's moved and gotten engaged and a real job, I'm still doing the same things. Except i moved. She seems to be doing well and I hope the trend continues for her.

I also talked to Jodimarie for the first time in months. She's the only ex -- whatever I still have an open dialogue with. Apparently I broke up with her in a way that I did come off as an ass... or that I wasn't an ass. She's such a sweet girl and now a mommy. And thats so good for her. It was nice talking to her and I always come away fwith a smile.

So, thats whats going on. Appaerntly we're dogsitting here this weekend. I suddenly feel we should name the apartment something clever and catching, something like Xanadu but completely different. So, Emma (or as Grace refers to her... the Devil in Canine form) and I are watching The Girls Next Door. I'm sure Emma's mom would be quite disappointed at her watching this show, but we're bonding. And Emma's mom isn't here to stop us. I would even offer her a beer if I had an extra one. I'm such the corrupter.

Joe asked me the other day how I as getting along having roommates. With these 2, its more like I just have visitors who drop by at random. Since we all seem to have schedules that don;t ever have us home at the same time. ANd looks like Jon is off to LAX for the month of May... I wonder if I can sublease his room for some extra cash.

Otherwise, I have some social commentaries that have been rolling around in my head, but I'll save them for later when I'm really in a mood for ranting. I've been feeling more nostalgic of late, looking back and thinking about some of the really kewl things I've done, and the kewl people I've met, and why it is I spell kewl in the annoying way I do. I blame Brook for that.

So i've had a pretty kickin good time for the most part, and I need to focus on that mroe, and having more kickin good times. Last night was one of them, and it was just a venture for free liquor. But i had good company. And thats the most I can ask for these days. Well, no I can ask for more... and I should get it all.

Theres some changes I want to make... more than just putitng the stripper pole in the dining room. So we'll focus on that, and maybe a new hobby. My boss has taken an interest in home beer brewing. Thats sort of got my interest... making my own beer at home. Theres a certain potential there for fun. And it's kind of like cooking. I still need to buy that guitar... since the last one I ordered never materialized... at least i never was charged for it.

And lastly, I really like the new apartment because i can leave the blacony door open and listen to the rain without having the annoynace of cars coming by ever 5 minutes and peering in. Of course I do have to resist the urge to throw things off and see what happens when they hit the ground.

That's enough rambling... later kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment