Monday, April 23, 2007

Chapter 1..

I think I ate too much. COUlda been the mint cookies and cream milkshake. It was so yummy though. Now I'm just trying to stay awake. I know if i go to sleep right now, it will not only be lame, but I will wake up at some ridiculous hour of the night and be awake until I fall asleep again.

The weekend, what can I say. I went out a lot last week and I'm plannign to not do as much of that this week, mainly because money should be conserved for the big break coming up. I'm more and more looking forwar to the boat ride. If only to smell fresh salt air and lounge about in the sun. Of course today I lounged about in the sun, but it's just not the same with out the sea air. Though I did have a hot threesome by the pool.

Well, I did, but I don't think Grace or Elise knew what hit them... or really what was going on. Or course, it was my imagination and I suppose me laying on the chair between the 2 hot, scantily clad girls doesn't exactly qualify as a threesome. But i can have my dirty thoughts right?

Thats about all I did today. Lay by the pool sunning myself (because tan fat guys look better than pasty white fat guys). Oh i did manage to do laundry and wash the motorcycle.

OK, before I get into mundane things... lets talk about things that get under my nerves. People who talk alot about things they don't know. A co-worker is an embodiment of this. His opinion on everything is almost exactly wrong. I know that may be a nit too severe, but what really gets on my nerves is the ability to totally beleive anything on Fox News is the gospel, without question.

I'm not saying that his staunch republicanism is wrong, but bindly following any idealogy is something that I don't understand. I can see him pushing Jews into a train cart in 1943 and not question where they were going or why, because Adolf said it was the way to do things.

The part that got under my skin this week was the discussion of the tragic events at Virginia Tech, and how everyone could have done something to stop it. ANd of cours ehis thoughts on the subject were, less than well informed. Essentially in the end, if you followed his logic, we should all lock ourselves in our homes and not get out... we might get hurt.

Again, I'm not always right, I've made a few bad calls in my life (no one feel they need to point out these), but at least I think I have a fairly open mind on many issues today. Perhaps, if we all tried to understand each tohers point of view and way of life, we'll learn to allg et along in the end. Thats my Cumbya (or however its spelled) moment.

Thas one thing that's been annoying me of late, and we'll tackle the rest in a succession blogs called "Things Jamie Bitches About". Perhaps that will be the name of the book.

However, a voice from the west is telling me to think more positive and it will help. I'm really trying to try such things, but its just not working for me. I'm working on it though. And I may try and follow Grace's recommendation... and slow down the alcohol intake leading up to the cruise. Which, my intake is signifacntly lower than it was a couple years back.

OH and lastly I should tell everyone about my new lawn ornament. Apparenly on sunny days, one of the residents down stairs come sout in his lawn chair an gets a little sunlight. I know I'm not by any means an ideal physical speciment, but really... why does the 70+ years feel the need to sit in front of my apartment building in his speedo. UGh.

Thats it for tonight, stay tuned for chapter two of the big book of bitching. ANd sorry for the typing errors, I'm not proofreading tonight. ANd if of you readers are looking for a fun date, I'm available!! Leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment