Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may die

Current mood:melancholy

It's been a roller coaster week, and it's only Wednesday. As many of you know I'm kind of a fan od Dave Matthews Band, hence the 24 concerts attended. Yesterday, founding member LeRoi Moore died. That makes me sad. Amazingly, the rest of the band played a scheduled concert last night, as they had all summer with since LeRoi's ATV accident earlier this summer. It's kind of sad how some one I have never met has a profound effect on my emotions. I'll miss hearing the solo's live.

I also learned an acquaintence lost her child, shortly after a premature birth. It's always sad to hear a light extiguished before it could grow birght. My best wishes and thoughts to the family, and it's just a reminder that life is short, and we should do our best to enjoy our time with the people we care about.

Now, for the ups of the week. Ms. Linda has set a date to become Mrs. Linda. That's very good for her, and look forward to the event. Though she seems to be against my suggestion of a pirate wedding. I guess that leaves it to me to put that one on.

On Tuesday, I had my last checkout at work. EVen though there was a minor hiccup and an ensuing delay, it wasn't my fault and we persevered through. I blame the Russians really, they changed the airway. But at any rate, I'm now offically certified and qualified to tell brown planes where to fly anywhere in the world. While this means I'll be working weekend midnight shifts for the next decade or so, it also means I'll be the recipient of a 26% raise. I'll take the good with the bad.

To celebrate, I immediately left Lull-vull and flew down the hot and hazy B-ham and Susan's well air conditioned apartment. Which is where I'm composing this literary gem. I've really been missing her for the last weeks, and her demeanor has markedly improved with the start of the school year. She's seems much more happier and vivacious.

And while she herds children all day I've got big plans of pool side sitting and doing nothing really until i fetch her from work. It's nto a bad weekend really. Friday night I return to work, and start my the new shift. I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Thats about it, hope everyone is well. I apologize for being out of touch of late, I've got all the messages and notes sent my way, and I've been thinking about calling a few random folks I haven't heard from in a while. Unfortunately, I usually think about this around 3 AM, and that's generally a bad time for random calls.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment