Friday, January 20, 2012

"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead"

I may come off a little as bragging, but you can just deal with :-). I'm also not really thinking about grammar, you can deal with that too :-D.

It's amusing to watch TV an see places I like to go, and have been to. Currently House hunters Int'l is on. I just watched a family looking in Hong Kong for a new apartment. Now it's a Norwegian who's moved from the arctic to Cairns, Australia. I really need to research this whole immigration thing, or get a new job. She's apparently a worker in a travel agency. Guess there's a shortage of those in Oz. And to the HK families... why would you not pick the 65th floor apartment with the view of the airport. That's a dream home... well, for an aerosexual.

A lot of things I've seen, or even read, and brought back travel memories. The sandstorm in the Latest Mission Impossible seemed a bit unrealistic. But free climbing to the 116th floor of the Burj Khalifa is totally plausible. Another weird coincidence is a book I'm reading. I bought it for the trip to South America, and it's about a sort of mercenary type woman who's asked by friend to retrieve his daughter from a cult. It's the sequel to a book I read on my month long sojourn to Asia last year.

The surprise though, I opened it up on the plane heading south and chapter one begins with "Buenos Aires, Argentina". Interesting. I'm almost through it now, but it was interesting to read a thriller set in the city that you're simultaneously visiting. When the author describes an area or street or landmark and you were just at said place that morning.... well afternoon since I tend to sleep in.

That's one of the beauties of travel. You can more easily picture locations described, or can understand the culture described. It doesn't have to be exotic, but it's good to get out and see the world... and meet new people at random from strange places. Then of course you should go visit these strange places, so not to seem rude to your new friends. It's a vicious cycle, but an awesome one.

In other news, I'm still slugging it out with BofA on the condo. After I walked away from their demand for an increase in price, they came back lower. My last and final offer is in, with a small demand for immediate action, no more 3 month waits. So, we'll see. I think they're sufficently convinced I'm not bluffing and will walk away, and they can start anew continuing to hold on to a property at a loss for a few months. The again, they are a bank who gave loans to people with no way to pay them back...

That's about it, I suppose i should get ready for the work, then a weekend. I'm hoping for some inspriation to clean and declutter my apt. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment