Monday, May 10, 2010

Changes in atttudes.

Looks like I have some free time and a wireless network to hop on, so why not pontificate on the randomness of the past week or so. Besides, it'll be another hour until my car is finished.

I made it back from Atlanta, mostly intact. It was a good time, and a bit pricey for fee housing and having my own car. I don't mind though, I got to spend a little time with just about everyone I wanted too. And having the full week to do it alleviated the usual rushed feeling. I also took a great deal of useful life span off my liver I think. I appreciate so much TanJoe allowing me to inhabit there house for the week. I don't think the cats cared much for having me around and hoped to have the place to themselves (maybe had a plan to invite their cat friends over for a wild party??).

(Note: Car service done, relocated to B&N to finish... train of thought interrupted)

The week in Atlanta finished up on several high notes. I spent the day Friday with Grace and played the part of "gay boyfriend". We spent the day doing "cultured" things; a walk from her apartment to the High Museum for the Allure of the Automobile exhibit. Those are some beautiful and... well, sexy cars. And it's not just the curves and visual design cues (which were obviously designed to evoke an emotional response)m but the power and mechanical craftsmanship required to put together a car by hand. No assembly lines for these beauties. I only wish I could have been around to see them cruise down Peachtree.

After admiring the cars, and a few other exhibits, we strolled over to Atlantic Station where I picked up a little something for Charity's birthday (and subsequently toted a pink bag around the rest of the afternoon) and watched Grace do some window and shoe shopping. We finished the afternoon of culture with a glass of wine at the Grape. The weather was great and the day just reinforced how much I do miss living there. It's not just the city and the ability to do such fun things almost any day (except apparently Mondays when the High is closed), but the good friends I have there.

That night we helped Charity celebrate her birthday at Loca Luna. There were tasty tapas consumed, vodka imbibed, salsa dancing, and some behaviour that really pushed the limits of the socially acceptable. SO it was a great time. I hope Charity enjoyed the soiree and, more importantly, wish her luck on her future endeavors. I think she'll have a lot of fun if she really embraces the sky muffin lifestyle.

Unfortunately, Saturday reminded me that sometimes there are consequences for fun and outlandish behaviour. I wasn't hungover so much as my old friend, pollen, showed up to kick my ass. Scratchy throat: check. Watery, puffy eyes: check. Congested sinuses: check. Mouth breather: yup!

But I was still able to spend some quality time with Jersey and catch some Brave's baseball on the big screen followed by the the derby. We were shortly joined by the lovely Genevieve before disbanding. I had to make a quick (ha!) trip to see Darci. And I wish I could have been more fun, but I was still feeling like a giant allergy with legs.

I returned the TanJoe manor to the custody of the owners and headed out Monday. And back to Louisville I came. It's kind of weird that I was happy to be back home, but I only wished the home was somewhere else. Work has taken an aggravating turn over the past week and I'm not really up for dealing with it. It's so hard to work for people who I don't believe would support you in a disagreement... even if you were correct. It's quite sad and a new thing for me. Some may say it's a sign of working for the large corporate giant, but the last large corporate giant wasn't nearly to the level of the current one. And it's the same industry.

Maybe I'll go be a sky muffin with Charity. I did miss an opportunity for a phone interview with an airline in the Middle East. The times were not conducive to me being sober and lucid. Plus I didn't get the email until too late. Next time. I'm still torn on whether I want to leave this world behind and take the big plunge to work on the far side of the planet. That's a big jump with no friends. But I keep looking. Too bad it's not Australia.

I was able to cruise up to Cincinnati Saturday to hang out with a layovered JoHnathan. The plan to go to the Reds/Cubbies game floundered when the weather took a nasty/cold turn. We're not nearly big enough fans to endure cold (without proper gear) for either of those teams. So instead we took in Iron Man 2 and imitation German beer wenches. I may have to make a return trip to Cincy one day, I kind of dug the little entertainment area and the Hofbrauhaus was really nifty. The scenery wasn't bad, and there was like oompah music (and oompah covers of your favorites). I did feel a little old given the number of people celebrating their 21st birthdays.

That brings me back to where I am right now. Having issues connecting to the free B&N wireless. Back to work tomorrow. And day shifts all week, like having a "normal" job. I'm not sure if I'm a fan or not. No, I'm sure.. I'm not a fan of this job and I'm on the look out for potential opportunities... maybe I'll go to that truck driving school down the road.

Coming up soon is a trip to Vegas. I'm sooo looking forward to the weekend. I'm going to be doing my best "baller" impression. For now, books are calling me to read them. Later.

1 comment:

  1. What, all juicy details until you get to the "books are calling me to read them" line? What are you reading?

    ReplyDelete