Sunday, June 29, 2008

Smell the sea and feel the sky, Let your soul and spirit fly, into the mystic

t's a hazy, lazy summer Sunday. A new week set to begin, although it seems to want to begin at 5:30 tomorrow morning. I'm not very happy about that. But its a job, and they're paying most the bills at the moment. So far today, I ventured to Kroger and purchased ood for the enxt few weeks. I had to leave the house by 10 this morning, the owners of my duplex are attempting to find a new buyer and here was a showing. And since I needed to stock up on various assundries, that was a perfect time to go.

SPent the rest of the morning listening to acoustic sunrise on DaveFM (via internet). I miss having a wide variety of radio stations to choose from, and its prompting me to look into Sirius. That and I feel an urge of late to buy something new and electronic. I also have the urge to go to the beach, any beach. Well not any beach, but one without ridiculous crowds and preferably not surrounded by hi-rises. But who's being picky. Could be the influence of the book I'm reading that's set on a fictional Caribbean island A getaway to somplece fun would be very nice, not that Louisville isn't the Mecca of fun.

And on that, I went out last night with some co-workers, meeting at an irish pub down the street. The thing that I like about this particular irish pub is that half the staff seems t actually be Irish. They didn't just bring Guinness and Gaelic, but a few workers with local flavor. The real amusement of the night came from a freing of a freind of a co-worker who apparently had had 2 hours of sleep in the last 2 days, and tried to make up for it by drinking more. Eventually, he passed out sitting in a metal chair in the middle of Molly Malone's courtyard.

Now here's a sign that I have good friends and some people don't. What do yo think the buddies did to help out their exhausted pal?? They threw him ina cab, and sent him on a 20 minute drive home and went back to chatting up girls. I at least have been carrie dhome in the rare occasions I've been in such a predicament. However, that doesn;t sop me from laughing at him while he slumbered in the middle of the courtyard.

Nothing much else happened, nd that was the theme for the whole week. I've got a short week coming, and then holidays down south. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment