Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Break Up.

This relationship just isn't working for me anymore.  It's been five years since we first got together, and things started great.  All my needs were being met and really enjoyed our time together.  But as time wore on, things just seemed to get dull.  You kept asking more of me.  A little at first, but it added up.  I tried to bring new things into the relationship.  Remember when I bought the new HD TV?  That was a good time.  Sure you brought a little more to this relationship after that, but with newer demands on me.  I endured because I had invested so much into the relationship and thought i had no other options. 

Then came last Thursday.  Out of no where, you denied me a relaxing evening at home.  You refused to allow me to enjoy the Bears/Packers game!  That was the final straw.  I left in a huff and went out to pour over my options at the local watering hole.  It was then I realized there are newer, faster options present to me.  And demand less of my resources to maintain the relationship.  AND, allow me my NFL Network!

So after all the random service interruptions, the grinding down of broadband speed in the evenings, and sudden random bill increases; you're kicked to the curb Insight.  Sure you pleaded with me to keep you.  Offering a lower bill and promising better service... except of course for the NFL network... which couldn't be had at "a reasonable price".  So the annual 5% increase couldn't offset the price of football but would get me instead yet another home shopping network, or HD Lifetime!  Maybe if you quit spending the money to mail me a letter or two every week trying to sell me a new phone bundle I clearly don't want you could afford better channels.  Too little too late.  I shouldn't need to threaten you to get the "best pricing".

Take your DVR and leave, I have a newer faster model now.  Go screw over some other customers.

PS.  You can also eliminate the "greeter" position at the office, a sign that points me to the line for the one person working the service counter would be just as effective and instead train the "greeter" to work the other side of the counter... thus reducing the wait in line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment