Sunday, August 26, 2012

Still Alive and Typing

It's been a long time since I've managed to write something here.  There have been several false starts which usually result in a firm press of the "delete" key.  Nothing that was committed to the electronic paper seemed interesting to me, and since I'm writing it I probably should be at least mildly entertained.  Or else there's no hope for anyone else.  I was sitting back trying to figure out what I could pontificate about that wouldn't end up either pissing some one off or boring them to death.  So politics are out.  I can whine some more about my job, but it's hard to get that in since I have a well paying job.  And again, it get's old.  I could relay humorous anecdotes from my love life.  Here goes:

OK that's done.

I could post remembrances of my fabulous summer activities.    Except I seem to have nothing much but work all summer.  MY normal wild and free travel life has been pretty much constrained to Atlanta, and that's been infrequent of late.  Or I could relate some of my cool international trips...  wait, I haven't really been anywhere outside the country since the last blog.  So all in all, it's been a dull summer... for me.  It's been all about average  And I'm not much of a fan.  There have been highlights to be sure.  DCI at the Georgia Dome and the resulting reunion of old friends.  Time spent with friends, both in Louisville and away.  My adventure in taking a self-described "country mouse" out for a night in the "big citay".  Very amusing indeed.  But for the most part, the difference a year makes seems to be we all got a little more boring.  That's life I suppose.  The friends are back from Nam and settled into jobs and responsibilities and (worst of all) baby havin'.  Others are just trying to make it through the week...  seems we're drowning in the daily grind. 

So this is what responsible adults do with their summers.  I'm not a fan.  I don't think I'm going to let this behaviour continue.  So far September is booked full of activities.  And it's going to be fun and exciting dammit!  I may even get a new passport stamp (but not too many, I'm out of empty pages). 

So that's a brief glimpse of what's been happening.  I'm hoping to get more consistent in my musings.  It's been suggested that on days of nothing new to recount excitement from the past, at least the excitement i can still remember and haven't blocked out.  Or the statute of limitations has expired on.  I also think some of those who used to write lot's of fun and interesting things get back on it.  

Well I have to run to work and make some money to finance the coming fun times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment