Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rocking the casbah???

There's an old Chinese proverb, May you live in interesting times. OK, I'm so sure it's Chinese but it is a proverb. Now are interesting times. There's lots of change going around, and I don't mean nickels , dimes, and pennies. Many of you know of what I'm referring, and if you don't well ask me. I'm not at liberty to make announcements concerning other people and their lives, but still.. it's exciting.

And scary. Change can be fun, but it can be a little disconcerting. Giant upheavals tend to leave lasting effects. Sometimes, I wouldn't mind it being about 4 years ago. Those were some fun times. Living in the apartments (i say apartments because my time was seemingly equally split between mine, the boys' apartment, and the girls' apartment) in the metropolitan PTC area. Random Thursday night Grey Goose and Grey's Anatomy gatherings, occasionally with Zaxby's and late night swimming. or even better, B-52 trivia night. Who remembers the old hippy-ish couple and their dancing displays?

But oh well, it seems all good things must end, but it's not the end of good things. I have a lot of hope and excitement for the coming month or so.

So, now that all the mysterious crap is over, hopefully some full out announcements will be coming soon... people moving, marriages, TanJoe having a baby... basic stuff.

Otherwise, this week has been pretty uneventful. It amuses me that "uneventful" week at work si when only have to deal with one or two emergencies. I don't mean the "I gotta get this TPS report done by noon or my boss will have my ass" emergencies, but the kind where fire trucks meet the plane on landing. Perhaps I've become a little to blasee (or however it's spelled) about such things.

But this week should be different. Brian is flying up for a few days and some DMB. Since DMB isn't touring next year (and there's a chance I won't be near anywhere they would tour if they change their mind) I better enjoy it. I'm thinking we may need to hit some of the bourbon trail in the meanwhile.

And it's world cup time. For a country that supposedly doesn't get into soccer, the bar was packed yesterday at 1 for the US/England match. I haven't been in a place that into one particular sporting event in a while. It was 5 deep at the bar for the entire game. I don't much about soccer, but I know that we were expected to be soundly beaten, and it came out a tie. So go US!

And for all you people who say a game is considered high scoring at 3-1 one is lame, think of it this way.. when was the last time you complained that a football game ended at 21-7??? Same thing. So today, once Brian is fetched, I'm thinking maybe the Australia/Germany match. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OYE OYE OYE! I even have a nice Aussie Cricket jersey (best I could do) on.

And by the way, the Spain/Morocco trip has been called off due to some new committments to be some where not in Spain or Morocco. But, I still have almost 2 weeks off, and with the exception of 4 days I have nothing planned. So, I'm looking for some suggestions on vacation ideas, and keep it cheap.. I have to buy a new suit this week... unexpected expenses suck.

Well, ASA (excuse me, Atlantic Southeast Airlines... apparently they're no longer ASA... sorry Acey friends) finally got Brian aloft... late. C'ya

No comments:

Post a Comment