Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No snappy titles tonight...

I just threw together a not so unhealthy and surprisingly tasty meal. I'm still kind of shocked when these things turn out well and doesn't kill me. I don't think a Cab was the right wine for it, but it's what I decided to try for today. Who knew I would start expanding my horizons at 32 (almost 33).

SO I've been kind of sparse with writing. I did write the diatribes about the round the world tri. I'm still wishing I was gallivanting around the world. I plan to do more, but finances are a little tight at the moment. More on that later.

I've pretty much been hanging around either Atlanta or the 'ville. I've spent some time at G's a couple weeks ago, and made some quick visits around town. Oh yeah, and went to see Bono and the boys play a little gig. It was a good time and Grace, as always, was a fabulous date.

Back in Louisville, it's just a lot of working and gym time. I've managed to get into a size jeans that I haven't worn since sometime around high school I think. It' been a while to say the least. I'm surprised at how much I've lost, but I still have a little ways to go before I think I'll say "ok, lets have a pizza!". Or maybe a chili cheese dog, onion rings, and a FO from the Varsity... yum.

I did however screw up my iPhone but letting it upgrade. And it was locked. SO, I did what i should have done in Hong Kong, I bought a new one. A new, in the plastic, unlocked from the factory 3GS. I paid a lot, and I'm gonna say how much to spare me the ridicule. But in the end, it was cheaper than switching to AT&T. So, now I have a nice new phone and love it again.

I'm also kind of concerned about the future here at UPS, in the near term at least. Lat year I barely scraped by staying in a dispatcher position (versus an assistant) and I have a feeling the powers that be are going to try and pull that again. I have mixed feelings on this. I wouldn't mind the better schedule, but I would hate the 26% pay cut. We'll see probably after Christmas. I'm not going to dwell on that now.

I was trying to find away to hit a 5th continent this year, but I don't think i can work it out. It's be a good year for travel, but I'm not done yet :-)

Coming up soon, I have plans to head to Colorado for some fun time with Sean. And then to Atlanta for my birthday. That should be a fun time and everyone should come to a party I think we're trowing. Costumes will be encouraged! That's it, I'm going to settle in with my Cabernet and watch The Lord of War. Something about gun running appeals to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment