Friday, April 4, 2008

No navigator to find my way home.

I’m not where I’m supposed to be. I should be at AMie’s Birthday extravaganza, but I’m in Louisville listening to it rain. And it’s been raining steadily for about 24 hours now. The town is floating away, and the river is rising. Well, maybe not that drastic.

ANyways, I was unable to obtain a seat on a flight to ATL that would get me there before 11 pm. So, since I was missing the party, I resigned to stay here, rise at the crack of dawn, and fly to my love in Lower Alabama. I’m very much looking forward to that. I’m still struggling with the weekend plans after I have to leave Susan. It’s certainly not working out the way I had planned.

At any rate, i just finished a delicious Sushi dinner and now I’m having a meaningful and thought provoking conversation with Samuel Adams. ANd I was just reading another airline is shutting down this week. That’s 4 this week. It’s very sad to think about all the people who are out searching for jobs in an unbelievably small industry. Again, with all my friends in he industry, I’m happy we all, for the moment, have good jobs. Lets hope it doesn’t change.

So, wish me luck in travel tomorrow. It’s sad that I only get a short time with Susan, and its sad I didn’t get to see the remnants of the Harem (and their husbands/non-boyfriends), and I don;t get to hang with the BFF.

Even more disconcerting is I probably won’t be down for a few weeks. I as hoping to host some Airshow fun, but i think we’re all busy. It sucks when life gets in the way of having a life.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Mine’s started off pretty rough, but I hope it gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment