Monday, December 24, 2007

The gypsy flies from coast to coast; Knowing many, loving one, bearing sorrow, havin’ fun

So this is Christmas, and what have we done?

I've done alot it seems the last couple days. I spent Saturday and Sunday in Montgomery with my lovely girlfriend, who can occasionally, on rare occasions, be a bitch but I love her regardless. And before you guys and girls jump down my throat, you should know those are her exact words and even she suggested I make it the subject line! I thought that a bit much, and besides the bitch part is not true.

I would like to take the time to tell the good people of the Coweta County Roads Department they suck. And fix that car swallowing hole in front of the QT on highway 34, it nearly got me. I'm not completely convinced parts of my transmission are still littering the road to PTC from an encounter with said gaping void.

Now, to more festive things, It's technically Christmas Eve now, and I'm feeling quite festive. I have the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on TV (does anyone know if you have to be Mormon to be in the choir?), and I have a cold glass of Sweetwater Festivus Ale! And my stocking is hung by the chimney with care.

I have already received wondeful gifts from Susan, the best of which was seein her face when she opened hers. That makes me happy that she approved.

So, for now its laundry and productive things before mom's big breakfast on Christmas morn and the dreaded drive to Louisville that afternoon. ANd for the first time in years, I have no shopping that needs to be done on Christmas Eve! I may go to a mall just to watch the flock of men meandering in such foreign territory looking for that perfect, or just adequate, gift for their wives and the chaos that ensues.

And nwo that 2007 is coming to close, its almost that time we reflect on the past year plan for the one ahead. Don't worry, I'm going to do that now. I have a lot of down time in Kentuckiana to do that later. But I think it may be the time to launch my presidential bid for the 2012 campaign. Apparently it's never to early to start such things. And possibly plan for what resolutions I'm going to make, then totally fail to achieve. I have yet to touch foot on Africa or learn to play the guitar. But those are both candidates for 08. If not Africa, jsut some traveling, and I'm damn well getting Susan a passport and dragging her with me. If its only to Canada but she's leaving the country!

So, I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and hope for everyone to stay safe while traveling. I've seen an above average number of wrecks on the roads this year and reminds me how much we risk just driving. Everyone please careful.

I also know that the subject line is not the exact words from the song, but I changed one to make it more appropriate to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment