Wednesday, September 13, 2006

THis feeling inside me says it's time i was gone, clear head, new life ahead,

Its time for a trip. All i need is money, time, and a destination. It seems like a year since I last took some vacation time, and it's only been a month. I think the problem is in that month I've been working an excessive amount. And while I recognize that most people work 5 days a week and only have 2 days off... I've gotten used to the 4 on 4off schedule, and even though I would only technically pick up one day or maybe 2, I would lose a day because i would have to change from some rediculous hours to some other rediculous hours. Basiclaly I lose a day of my life in the transition. Plus I feel like crap from the sleep rotation change.

I am enjoying the new shift, and as of now, I have no more OT scheduled for the rest of the month. Which means I'm free for all your party and entertaining needs. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be able to make the Munich Oktoberfest, but maybe I can venture up to Helen for the local version.

So, yeah I'm feeling a bit of restlessness. I am planning to venture to Chicago at the end of the month, but I would much rather head some place more exotic like... oh i dunno... Roratonga. Perhaps its work that's gotten me all flustered. There seems to be more stupidity than usual floating around the people here. I mean, 2 nights in a row we've had hour or more delays because we had one person on our plane who's not suppose to be there, and we couldn't find who it was... so we just took him/her with us. Personally i don't think the Flight Attendants can count high enough (really, 300 people.. that a lot of fingers and toes). And your dealing with the military and their mentality. It can be frustrating, and I'm 8000 miles away.

So, between the extra hours and extra stupidity (ever give a pilot geography lessons while he's in flight??? By a freakin map and study it... we're called World for a reason). And to quote an (de)motivational picture i saw.. "There may be no stupid questions, but there's a lot of inquisitive idiots".

I don't understand how some people can only have 2 days off week in and week out... how do you get anything done? Perhaps I'm spoiled by my schedule (I've been on it for 4 years now), but having 2 days off a week seems.. horrible. Remember, you should work to live, not live to work. And now, a survey says Americans work the most hours in the western industrialized world. Only Japan works more (and not by much, they've been cutting back since their business men started killing over... there's a lesson there).

I'm as guilty as anyone of letting my work be my life... but i've remedied that in the last few years. Now i'm just paying the bills (and bar tabs for the harem... thats worth the extra time spent in the office). Well, all that said, I have one more flight plan to send, and then I think I may go home... an hour early. AMF.

No comments:

Post a Comment