Saturday, September 2, 2006

I'm not looking back, but I want to look around me now

Hi all. I'm back at work, and currently flying solo for a few hours. Currently I'm responsible for the whereabouts and safe transit of 11 planes in the air. I figured I'd just stop all that and type this up. Don't worry, they're all doing fine and the weather is good tonight.

I've added and changed some pictures. Yesterday was Chandra's birthday I thought I'd put up a good times picture. I really miss having her around, and not just because she was a hell of a cook and like to clean our apartment naked. But she was always fun to hang out with, and a good friend. It was nice having her to come home to... even if she was sleeping with her boyfriend. We would talk to wee hours and just enjoyed being around each other. Made being broke with no money to do anything a lot more fun. I blame her for my current tolerance to alcohol. But we had a good time building it up. She was in Vegas when I called late thursday night, and she's bringing me home a Hooters Girl... so I'm looking forward to that!

Otherwise things have been a bit... I don't know. Theres been an emotional roller coaster of late. Good times with Elise the other night for her birthday. Nothing like being danced up on by 2 hot ladies. Unfortunitely the night ended a bit too dramatically for me, but we won't get into that. Lets just say some one managed to really piss me off... and thats not easy.

Then today was the memorial service for my friend Ruthie. It was interesting and sad, as much as the family tried to make a celebration of her life. She'll be missed. Its horrible when good people die so young.

Again, sometimes I'm feeling like I'm slipping into a bit of a funk. At least I've caught it this time and i think maybe I can head it off. I'm not looking forward to working alot this week, which only means I get to see everybody i really like being around that much less (with the exception of Leslie here at work... she makes me smile).

Thats it. I hope everyone is well. Alot of you are travelling for the holiday (though most are working). And if your hanging around at home by yourself Sunday or Monday... call me, I'm looking for some labor day fun. I'll come out and play.

Well, we've got the GT football game on the big screen at work (GO JACKETS!!!!!) and i've got hummus to snack on.

No comments:

Post a Comment