Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Reading departure signs in some big airport reminds me of the places I've been

I was perusing the break room vending machines earlier and I had a profound thought. Why is it they always put breakable foods (chips, crackers) way at the top and the smushy or bendy stuff (honey bunns, do-nuts, even M&M's) close to the bottom? After your pack of crackers fall 4 feet, they're a little more broken up... Wouldn't it make more sense to reverse that?

This is what I think about when I have slow moments at work. Not that tonight is as slow as last night, I have 7 flight plans. I just can't do anything with them until an hour before I leave. Fun scheduling huh?

I've spent the last oh, 45 minutes looking at airplane pictures on airliners.net. And seeing some that I've flown on, loaded, dispatched, and a few of the airpots I've been to reminded me of some good times traveling. I'm ready to go again. I was invited to go with a coworker to Iceland in a couple months.... I'm really thinking about that one. I mean, who's been to Iceland??? The vikings... thats about it. And it's suppose to be a party place. Mainly because theres not a lot of other things to do. I've also been invited, if he gets assigned there, to go for a weekend to Kuwait... I'm all Over that! Well, except for the whole you can't buy beer (legally) there. But there's sandy beaches there. Everything is sandy really.

We'll see... I need to see some more of the world, Peachtree City has lost all its mystique.

And to justify the 45 minutes of picture browsing, i thought I'd include a nice picture of one of my favorite airplanes, a Boeing 747-400 Freighter (u can put a lot of stuff on them), flying from a cool airport, Hong Kong Chep Lap Kok, with a really nice airline, Cathay Pacific. I really like their paint job. Enjoy!

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0958249/L/

No comments:

Post a Comment