Thursday, September 14, 2006

You've been all over, and its been all over you

Do you ever wonder if you were born out of time. Me personally, I think I could have been better suited living shortly after or before WW2. Maybe it's I've been watching too much Indiana Jones or looking at too many old aviation postcards. But come on, anyone could be a pilot, and you got to actually fly the plane. And, well, although there was civil unrest around the world... there was no such term as "Cold War" and "Al Queda". One could see the world, find adventure. There were wars to be won and causes to be championed. Tha man wasn't putting you down.

And there were no damn cell phones and internet to keep you in touch. And you could get lost and disappear in the world. Its getting harder to do these days. Given the newer, tighter passport requirements.

Perhaps I'm romanticizng the past, I most likely would have caught malaria or polio or something and died. But its nice to dream.

I can feel the funk I've been in sort of lifting a little. It could be thats its cooling down and fall is coming. I do like fall, always have. Its been a welcome releif for osme oppressively hot summers and time for football to start, which was always a good time back in high school.

But I'm wanting to travel now. I should stop reading the travel setions, just makes me want to up and leave. I thought about selling my car and just going some where... then i realized my car isn't worth that much so I won't go far. And how would i get to the airport?? Imagine if you just started walking to where youw anted to go. That was the way people travelled for millenia. Try it now and you'll be tossed into Jail or an asylum. We've come so far.

Why the daydreaming today? Well i've been cleaning and doing laundry. Theres nothing much else to do and keep my mind occupied while doing all that. I mean i could put it toward solving fundemental mathematical equatiosn to explain the nature of the universe... but thats no fun. My shower is clean now though.

One really neat thing about my job is thatwhen i travel to foreign countries, it salmost like i sneak in. I go in as a flight crew member, and no one checks my passport or anything (except back in the US, where I live). I've been to a few countries, and have no stamps in my passport. Thats my way to sneak in and otherthrow nations... no one will ever know i was there till it was too late.

And to answer some things.. Adri you ar emost defintely not A. And I'll take you up on the invite sometime. And thanx again to everyone for condeming my love life for the next 9 years or pushing a year of bad luck upon me with stupid bulletins. I have something to look forward to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment