Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Its a shame theres no one to blame for all the pain that life brings

So is it wrong i prefer to work alone than with others? Well, with most the people i work with at least? Perhaps I'm just a control freak. I sometimes feel that when some one else is here (depending on who it is) I have to relinquish some of the control of what's going on in here. I'd rather just take on the extra workload and responsibilities and do it all myself. At least I know its done right.

A few of the people here shun responsibility to a degree I just can't imagine. And they have children! I mean, they're not willing to step up and take on a challenge a put their name on a flight plan. Or they'll leave your name on it, and send a email to please sign it when u come in next shift... after they changed something. Just grow some balls people, take responsibility for your actions. So you may screw up, its a learning opportunity.

In my job, there are 3 people who are signing off a plane can fly. A mechanic, a dispatcher, and the captain. Between the 3 of us, we have (usually) a good knowledge of what you can and cannot do. Theres some grey areas... well, not too me. Unless I'm specifically told you cannot do something, then its perfectly legal... go fly be free!! I'm nto going to ask a crew to do something that would make me not get on that plane.

All that being said, this a job where you occasionally have to make a decision. Some of these people just need to nut up and make a decision. Hopefully you have the knowledge to make informed ones... if not, well.. you're in the wrong job.

And I wonder how they live their personal life.. if its an hour process to decide whether to wear the red tie or the blue tie. It seems to a societal (i just made that word up i think) issue. I was watching Fox News here yesterday, and one of the stories about the Jon Bennet Ramsey suspect indicated his mother tried to kill him as a baby, as if thats a good reason for him to kill a child (and do what ever else he did I don't want to contemplate).

On a side note, I've started reading this book thats called "Lamb". There more in the title but I can't remember the whole thing right now. basically it is a fictional account of the childhood of Jesus told by his best freind, Biff. its quite funny, and although I'm only a few pages in, its making me think... If you believe Jesus Christ was the son of God, what was it like for a 9 year old to go around reviving dead lizards and performing other random miracles. I'll let you, my loyal blog readers, know if its worth the read.

For now, Its back to work. Stay tuned for a possible party announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment